What's new

DRAKESLAYER HITS THE ROAD AGAIN

Drakeslayer

Wet Trail Wheeler
Member Number
Loc
Southern Oregon Coast
Mrs. Drakeslayer‘s childhood friend threw a party for her parent’s 60th wedding anniversary. Of course we had to go. It was in Fresno California. Then we travel to Santa Cruz, her childhood home to visit family and experienced the nostalgia of the beach boardwalk. It was not a long trip but with Brandon’s fuel prices exceeding seven dollars per gallon in some parts of California we had to keep it short. It was a great trip we had a lot of fun, but we came home with Covid and about half of the people we traveled with are sick. Enjoy the pics

Attachments

• C55EDE5A-3015-4F66-BE3A-39EFD49D143D.jpeg
    C55EDE5A-3015-4F66-BE3A-39EFD49D143D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • 24C0510D-6526-4397-A149-8CFB9B1ADD7C.jpeg
    24C0510D-6526-4397-A149-8CFB9B1ADD7C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
  • E9327EEA-A44D-4AEF-B310-1AB7B850FC34.jpeg
    E9327EEA-A44D-4AEF-B310-1AB7B850FC34.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
very pretty lady you have there.. Glad you guys had a great time. it's a bummer you got to take Covid home with you.. better than the Herp though! :laughing:

Was wondering about you two last week. Glad to see you in the wind again, sorry about the covid.

Then on to Santa Cruz.

First pic is my daughter.
second pic is twisting mothfockle coaster that scared the shit out of me. The whole time on it all I could think was some stoned out, hungover welder probably forgot a joint on the tubing and I would fly off into the beach.
Third pic is L to R wife’s cousin’s husband, wife, wife’s aunt, wife’s cousin.

This cousin was not known to my wife until recently, Found each other on Facebook. Her mom had no contact with her family from early adulthood due to issues related to Huntingtons disease.

B10FBD17-ECA0-4578-8E7C-8133460A5432.jpeg
6CF17DBC-0B46-4829-970A-FC27E8BE6052.jpeg
AA07FEF2-A453-4D2E-BC7F-D5E57AE55D30.jpeg

The couple at the end celebrated 60 years of marriage. He’s a Vietnam vet who still works. Retired but works as a retired annuitant for PG&E. Really nice people.
I think it’s impressive just to live long enough to be married 60 years.

Very cool to make it so long. I remember my first year of marriage, I gained a whole new appreciation for people who made it so long.

My grandparents celebrated their 71st anniversary this summer. They both just passed away about 2 weeks ago. They died 9 days apart.

Very cool to make it so long. I remember my first year of marriage, I gained a whole new appreciation for people who made it so long.

My grandparents celebrated their 71st anniversary this summer. They both just passed away about 2 weeks ago. They died 9 days apart.
Sorry for your loss, what a great accomplishment for them to share so many years.

Mrs. Drakeslayer‘s childhood friend threw a party for her parent’s 60th wedding anniversary. Of course we had to go. It was in Fresno California. Then we travel to Santa Cruz, her childhood home to visit family and experienced the nostalgia of the beach boardwalk. It was not a long trip but with Brandon’s fuel prices exceeding seven dollars per gallon in some parts of California we had to keep it short. It was a great trip we had a lot of fun, but we came home with Covid and about half of the people we traveled with are sick. Enjoy the pi

Well, we got bad news. Wife has a 7mm hiatal hernia. Due to Huntington's disease and Ehlers Danlos syndrome the surgery team at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) said she has a high likelyhood of death or severe complications if they operate. The anesthesia is what they seem to be concerned about. If we don't get the surgery she risks additional growth of the hernia and possible stomach twisting which would require emergency surgery. We are six hours from a competent surgeon. Her stomach is protruding through the hernia and causing pain about once a month.

Well, we got bad news. Wife has a 7mm hiatal hernia. Due to Huntington's disease and Ehlers Danlos syndrome the surgery team at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) said she has a high likelyhood of death or severe complications if they operate. The anesthesia is what they seem to be concerned about. If we don't get the surgery she risks additional growth of the hernia and possible stomach twisting which would require emergency surgery. We are six hours from a competent surgeon. Her stomach is protruding through the hernia and causing pain about once a month.
I’m really sorry to hear this.

My brother-in-law is an Anesthesiologist at the Mayo Clinic. I am happy to get his opinion on this if you’d like me to.

Prayers for y’all either way!

Top Back Refresh