What's new

Drains for before the garage door

You're failing to understand that the 14 pieces you'd use are not identical. They have different slope start and stop elevations within the channel drain profile, so that you can make continuous slopes. They're all numbered and have an order they're installed.

Reference:

Configuration Details

The Swiftdrain 600 trench drain system consists of 32 pre sloped and neutral channels. Trench drain runs can be extendable upwards of 256 feet of continuous slope.

The 600 series can reach run lengths of 835 linear feet by implementing neutrals and custom configuration. Channels come sequentially numbered and have arrows to indicate direction of flow.

Channels are sloped .7% – 1%.
thank you. precisely what I was missing

must cost them a shitload to stock 32 different sku's / items. I guess that's why they're 4-10x the cost of the cheap options

Soooo.. as I was laying out the design I took a second and third and forth look at the slab...

It looks like it was poured in 15'x15' slabs and the corner slab looks like it is sagging... I am up about 3/8" on the inside corner, and I can't tell how far down on the outside as the siding is covering the lip, but I can see buckling in the siding (sheet metal 3 rib).

So I know they can jack slabs, how do I address this? concrete company, specialty company, re-pour?

As a side note, this is the second slab at this location... the first one wasn't approved by the inspector prior to the pour so the contractor had to remove and re-pour ( all this was before I bought the house but the sellers left all the lawsuit paperwork).

i think i've read about slab leveling where they jack it up and use some sort of foam injection to fill the gap after? not sure if that helps your hunt

risk for further sag screwing up your expensive pre-pitched trenches in the future?

Concrete jacking is the term. Foam, grout injection, etc. That's definitely something to farm out. They drill holes in the slab and inject whatever underneath it to jack it up to where it should be.

Alternate: break it out, compact subgrade better than the last folks, and repour.

it is a thing
we have had some stuff done, wont be perfect, but they get it a lot better than what is was

local to me

I have installed the above before, worked fine in an application that sees lots of heavy truck traffic. Its been a long time, but IIRC there are different grate options for different weight ratings. In another NDS drain box, I believe a cast iron grate makes the plastic box good to support 11k pounds. In a former life we did a lot of drainage and irrigation.

I have installed the pre-sloped drains before but cant recall much about them.

IMO, I would find an commercial NDS distributor (other than big box store) and talk with them.

Top Back Refresh