What's new

Doing something mediocerly stupid,16 tires on 16.5 h1s?

I was going to cut a 17" wheel apart and slide the outer wheel edges inside a 16.5 hummer wheel and weld them on, turning it into a 17" wheel, and making the bead edge stronger at the same time. never did try it to see if it would work though.
Interesting idea. Would you split the "ring" in half to slip it over the h1 wheel?

@total_newb you try this yet?

Interesting idea. Would you split the "ring" in half to slip it over the h1 wheel?
Why would he need to? Cut it close enough to the bead and you should be left with a ring that just drops over until it hits the bead of the 16.5

No. I got side quested and money drained on a few other needed repairs.

My card got scammed and locked down, finaly got a new one coming and i need tires for the ford so tires are gona come up handy shortly.

Knew a guy who was trying to seat the bead on a 16" tire on a 16.5" slot mag wheel, when the tire rapidly disintegrated. He was using one of those pistol grip inflators with the 12" whip, that was stuck in the plywood ceiling of his shop, and they claimed its what saved his life. If he was using a normal tire chuck he would have been killed.

Very different that a humvee beadlock for sure

Top Back Refresh