What's new

Dog shampoo that don't cost 16 friggen dollars

I just use regular shampoo whatever is cheapest or baby shampoo, if I'm doing his head. Doesn't seem to effect him one way or another.

Another vote for dawn. My dog gets oily after awhile and the dawn breaks the oil down better than anything else. My second go to is whatever I use on myself.

Baby shampoo. Dish detergent will strip the good oils out of the skin and coat and lead to dry skin and a full coat.

*edited: "full" should read "dull"

Last edited:
Our border collies get maybe one or two baths a year. We just use Mane N Tail. Then I can use it for myself when I run out of my normal shampoo.

Our livestock guardian dogs have never had a bath.

I wouldn't use Dawn unless you have some filthy greasy outdoor-living dog to wash.

I'd worry about down drying out his skin too. I only wash him twice a month so maybe that's not an issue? He's an inside dog.

For those that use dawn, does it dry the skin?? Anyone have a dogs skin react to it? Also, the little guy likes to lick it off his face. Will he get the shits?

Wife mentioned baby shampoo, Isn't it just as expensive? Is it edible? :laughing:

Baby shampoo. Dish detergent will strip the good oils out of the skin and coat and lead to dry skin and a full coat.

Only if you wash him all the time IME. They do tend to get dry for a couple of days in the winter, depends on the pooch.

I've also used Dawn or a not-full-of-ingredient dishsoap, or baby shampoo.

Panda says thank for the advice :smokin:

20200913_210319.jpg

Our dog uses Pert plus Never seems to bother her.

Top Back Refresh