What's new

Dog question- she's acting drunk

Read that somewhere as well. I'm gonna try it, I have a large syringe here

Read that somewhere as well. I'm gonna try it, I have a large syringe here
dump it in with cottage cheese
they love it and are getting a treat

done it a few times to our dog, including one time when I dropped the mustard cap, that thing didn't bounce once and that old dog had it gone

got the cap back:grinpimp:

good luck

Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome. Look at his eyes. Are they twitching back and forth? It's an irritation of one of the cranial nerves. Get him to the Vet and they will start palliative treatment. It usually passes in a few days. Sometimes not.

Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome. Look at his eyes. Are they twitching back and forth? It's an irritation of one of the cranial nerves. Get him to the Vet and they will start palliative treatment. It usually passes in a few days. Sometimes not.
I seen that on Google and looked for that symptom, no irregular eye movements at all. That and the garbage she got into is the only reason we're not at the vet right now.

Really appreciate the responses, I'll keep ya'll updated

This was my guess but 7 seems young for that. My old friend Zeus had his first attack of it at 11 and lived well till 14. With only 2 more attacks. We took him to the vet the first time when they opened in the morning and he was far enough through it that they said take him home and let him recover.

Will your pup still eat a treat when offered? If so your looking good. Hes a lab. Treat to labs are like boobs to men. As long as the desire is there the attitude is there.

Magnus and I are pulling for you guys.
image.jpg

64C8F806-B237-4637-88AF-F60B0EB701DC.jpeg

This was my guess but 7 seems young for that. My old friend Zeus had his first attack of it at 11 and lived well till 14. With only 2 more attacks. We took him to the vet the first time when they opened in the morning and he was far enough through it that they said take him home and let him recover.

Will your pup still eat a treat when offered? If so your looking good. Hes a lab. Treat to labs are like boobs to men. As long as the desire is there the attitude is there
Yea, she ate a couple treats before napping for an hour :laughing:

She just threw up on her own so thats good. Spaghetti among other things. Had spaghetti 4 days ago so I'm thinking that'd be nasty by now

My Yellow Lab ate the neighbor behind me Weed butter turkey and rice trash and was super stoned. It only cost me 5 hours at a weekend 24hr emergency vet and $1800 to figure it out. Glad yours is doing better.

My Yellow Lab ate the neighbor behind me Weed butter turkey and rice trash and was super stoned. It only cost me 5 hours at a weekend 24hr emergency vet and $1800 to figure it out. Glad yours is doing better.
My renter dumped some grease concoction in the weeds by the woods one Fall. Frigging dogs would haul ass out to that spot like it was a hidden treasure all winter.

Never mind... Im.retarded.

I was imagining a butterball turkey in the weeds. Musta been good cofeffe this morning.

Good looking dog btw. Meant to respond earlier but just noticed i didn't

:beer:
Thanks, she is technically a white lab. Has gotten much darker as she aged, but was white white when we got her. She loves her beer, literally the only thing she will beg for. Never seen a dog get so excited as to when you give her an unopened can of beer, she goes ballistic playing with it.

Attachments

• 16797066_10100544163898795_4156901222061703187_o.jpg
    16797066_10100544163898795_4156901222061703187_o.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 19
  • 15418527_10100494986670355_8732613411850016988_o.jpg
    15418527_10100494986670355_8732613411850016988_o.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 13987449_10100426593181455_6141083022143009881_o.jpg
    13987449_10100426593181455_6141083022143009881_o.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 19
Thanks, she is technically a white lab. Has gotten much darker as she aged, but was white white when we got her. She loves her beer, literally the only thing she will beg for. Never seen a dog get so excited as to when you give her an unopened can of beer, she goes ballistic playing with it.
Shes a damn good looking pup. :beer: For the pup

Dogs act drunk after drinking antifreeze, then they have seizures and suffer immensely before you have the vet put them down. Lost my best beagle a few years back to a piece of shit neighbor that I had asked nicely before to not leave shit like that out for the sake of the young kids and dogs in the neighborhood. He moved shortly after that event, don’t know if it had any bearing, but I still hate that fucker. Antidote is Jim Beam if you catch it soon enough…

Dogs act drunk after drinking antifreeze, then they have seizures and suffer immensely before you have the vet put them down. Lost my best beagle a few years back to a piece of shit neighbor that I had asked nicely before to not leave shit like that out for the sake of the young kids and dogs in the neighborhood. He moved shortly after that event, don’t know if it had any bearing, but I still hate that fucker. Antidote is Jim Beam if you catch it soon enough…
That's fucked, I'm not sure I'd have treated the pos neighbor the same as you but I'm a vengeful type who acts first and thinks about it later

Luckily this dog isn't interested in antifreeze and just went for moldy spaghetti :laughing:

Dog in question says thanks to everyone!!

20230223_183421.jpg

Top Back Refresh