What's new

Do you ever get a contractor that won’t take your money?

All service has sucked for some time around here. I’m trying to only do things myself.

Really depends on the area. Around here there's not to no money in flooring unless you've got volume through a builder. There's so many immigrants and illegals doing flooring here that they get paid next to nothing. Same with framers, roofers, and masons. You'd probably get a 1/3 of those prices around here doing flooring.

Plumbing, electrical, and HVAC are good money here.

Cabinet installers can make bank if they get in with the right companies and imo I see a lot of builders going back to subbing it out in the next fewyears. A lot of them have gone factory direct over the last 10 years or so. Was good for a while, but all the cabinet direct programs pay like absolute shit now so the quality has severely declined. My warranty guy used to make more money doing side warranty work for our main supplier than he did working for us, but they started dropping the pay on everything severely a couple years ago and got down to about 20% of what they used to pay. I know every client we've lost to direct programs has seriously regretted it and frankly my company sucks.

Good to know

I'll probably stick where I'm at, jobs too small for the big guys, but actually show up versus the drunks

I have no intention of picking up one of those trades, tho, my plumber seems busy, is an excellent plumber but is an awful business man, I could probably enter a 50/50 partnership buying him a $3500 pickup and dinner at Hooters, I'd book jobs and hire him a gopher to deliver parts and do plumbing things and we'd all come out ahead, seriously

Top Back Refresh