What's new

Different bed liners?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
I'm looking at spraying or rolling some bed liner in my 7x14 enclosed trailer I want to use for dirt bikes. I originally thought about just getting a roll of 8.5' x15' textured rubber and installing it up the walls about 1 foot, but am now leaning towards spray on.

What I'm trying to figure out is the difference in texture and hardness between brands. Lots of people recommending raptor liner, but then a few saying it's pretty hard and chips easy.

I'm wanting something kinda in the middle. Not so soft it cuts easy, but not rock hard. Surprisingly, it's hard to find this info on Google. Anyone care to post their experience with different brands?

Used Raptor in a dump truck, has held up great for the price.

I've used Raptor Liner with great success. I also turned up air pressure more and it make the coating finer not as heavy texture. I also used it on the entire bottom of my cab, back and front firewall too for current build.

One of my friends also painted his entire 84 Bronco with raptor liner. He got tinted stuff and made it same color as his bronco used to be. Looks great but wimbledon white which is a tan/white color so we call it the marshmellow since it's same color as toasted marshmellow and isn't smooth.

So I think I'll probably just get raptor liner. I'm thinking a few heap rubber floor mats may be a good idea either way. That way if a bike leaks fuel, it will be on the mat and I can toss it outside while we camp.

Thinking about having some carpet scraps or something to lay down for camping anyway.

I used Monstaliner in a Jeep tub and was not very impressed with it.

Wayyyy back in the day durabak was touted as the best. I never had any real world experience with it. But you could get it with or without texture and in lots of different colors. Seems they don’t spend much on marketing, but a quick Google; they are still around.

Sprayed Raptor liner on my buddy's offroad camping trailer. It was sprayed messy, but I am pretty impressed with how it's held up and still looks.

Back in the day, I used Herculiner twice. Once in a new truck bed and once in a "new" fabbed flat bed.

It is sand paper. I ripped up my arm when I reached into the bed and forgot it was there:homer:

It was durable as hell for me. I had a D60 pinion punch a hole in the fender. Herculiner still stuck.

It faded from black to gray.

I firmly believe that prep was the key on how well it stuck. I scuffed the bed up. I double or tripple Xylene wiped the bed out. I then did two "thin" main coats with a third touch up in some areas.

I forget the brand but I think it was Durabak that I tried in an engine bay with similar prep to above. The shit peeled off in sheets before ever getting the engine fired up.

So I just sprayed 6 qts in the trailer. Despite it supposedly 4 being enough it's still really thin and the one area I did a 2nd coat isn't all that great. Not super impressed for this application so far. Going to get a few more qts from autozone and see how it goes.

You spraying it straight onto the plywood interior panels?

I probably would have went with a roll of rubber coin flooring or a bunch of horse mats before I sprayed bedliner on the interior of a trailer. Doesn't seem like a good idea.....

You spraying it straight onto the plywood interior panels?

I probably would have went with a roll of rubber coin flooring or a bunch of horse mats before I sprayed bedliner on the interior of a trailer. Doesn't seem like a good idea.....

Well thanks for chiming in now:flipoff2:

That's literally what I wanted and multiple people in the trailer thread said it was a dumb idea and to go spray in :homer:

Well thanks for chiming in now:flipoff2:

That's literally what I wanted and multiple people in the trailer thread said it was a dumb idea and to go spray in :homer:

Sorry, it's been a busy two weeks and I've missed alot of threads here including this one and your trailer thread until today.

Hopefully it all works itself out after you recoat it.

Updates?? :flipoff2:

I need to spray the inside of my jeep tub to reduce heat some.. Seems like raptor will be the way to go.

Updates?? :flipoff2:

I need to spray the inside of my jeep tub to reduce heat some.. Seems like raptor will be the way to go.
I've done a few bumpers with raptor and like it but it doesn't seem like a good insulator... maybe it is, idk, I haven't done my tub yet but I'm thinking Lizard Skin would be what I'd use for interior heat reduction.

I also am hesitant to use raptor inside as it hardens real well but seems slick when wet. I'd rather have something that cures less hard for interior

So I think I'll probably just get raptor liner. I'm thinking a few heap rubber floor mats may be a good idea either way. That way if a bike leaks fuel, it will be on the mat and I can toss it outside while we camp.

Thinking about having some carpet scraps or something to lay down for camping anyway.
I think tractor supply still has rubber stall mats for horses. You can always cut those to fit the floor of your trailer.

I have a stall mat in the bed of my tundra, mostly to keep the camper solidly planted and give it a slight lift kit to clear the bed rails. I’ll measure it tomorrow, but it’s definitely not an inch. 5/8 maybe 3/4. I know they do make/sell 1/4 stuff as well.

Top Back Refresh