What's new

Difference Between 14 Bolt K30 & Dana 70 K30 backing Plate Bolt Pattern

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Mainly to know if a disc brake bracket will fit from the 14 bolt to the dana 70 from a 1985 chevy K30.

Just the bracket not the discs or calipers.

I know they are the 1.250 not the 1.500 that I've used in the past.

Housing ends are the same on squarebodies for either diff. The hub type and flange spacing change for srw vs drw.

What year are the brackets for?

Unsure just a disc brake bracket using spacers not bent bracket for use with the 14 bolt rear using the 1/2T or 3/4 T rotors and bolt on calipers.

Pics asap, the can is really full.

GM fullfloater drum backing plates swap from like 73 to 99, so I have confidence in the flange pattern anyway.

Reactions: PAE
Was trying to figure out if I could use the dually hubs from a D70 on a 14 bolt mainly to delay swapping the ratio in one of the differentials on the 1986 K30 I'm converting from SRW to DRW.

ALSO to use the 14 bolt disc brake brackets on the 14 bolt and Dana 70 axles.

Just need to buy rotors as already have the dually hubs and disc brake brackets, calipers.

Changing the hub to dually ( from SRW) is going to put the drum/rotor about 2" further inboard.

Reactions: PAE
Well that is down the road but the front dana 60 with locker now is a 4:56 and 14 bolt rear is also 4:56 but Dana 70 is 4:10.

Unsure what ratio I want to end up with but dont have the coin to spend at the moment on the gear change.

What axle and gear ratio do you want to end up with.

Well that is down the road but the front dana 60 with locker now is a 4:56 and 14 bolt rear is also 4:56 but Dana 70 is 4:10.

Unsure what ratio I want to end up with but dont have the coin to spend at the moment on the gear change.
Will a 14b cc dually axle fill your application?

Top Back Refresh