What's new

Did two things today.

J.S.

Member Number
The SA58 was bought to help a friend who needed the money. The Prodigy was a find? I asked 3 times if the price was correct.

I can't remember if the SA takes standard, metric, or both.

Attachments

• 20231007_224816.jpg
    20231007_224816.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20231006_131612.jpg
    20231006_131612.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
There has to be some bit of small grinding/filing to use both. Where tf is the OGs?

Did not know that springfield made that pistol...interesting:smokin:

Last edited:
Did now know that springfield made that pistol...interesting:smokin:
The gun shoots well but gosh damn...the trigger feels like I'm dragging it across 180 grit sandpaper before it fires. Lots of take take up. Problem is solved with a Cylinder and Slide kit. It'll (seemingly) take any 2011 mag. I ran some rounds through a STI and MBX in the gun and had all feed and BHO. Glad they didn't try some dumb proprietary BS.

Triggers are almost always fixable. And for that price i wouldnt even complain about it:laughing:

There has to be some bit of small grinding/filing to use both. Where tf is the OGs?
yeah you just dremel out the clearance above the bottom of the notch

anyone know of reasonable priced 30rd fal mags? I was putting them off when they were 25 and now they all seem to be out of stock at 50 :\

Dammit, two of my gun regrets are missing out on cheap FAL's and CETME's.

Nice find.

I'm sure the Springfield smooths out with some minor work. It's a 1911 chassis, you can rarely go wrong (Double stack = 2011? Or something like that).

Fal Inch pattern mags are way more expensive and much harder to find than metric mags.
Stick with the metric mags for an stg58.
Unless you can find original Mill surplus mags the DSA mags can be hit or miss.
30 round 308 mags are heavy, they were for the Heavy barrel FALO for a LMG role, similar to BREN guns.
The FALOs and 30round mags fell out of favor in short order.
The DSA polymer mags are junk.
Don't shoot steel cased ammo in the FAL, they will have case head separations.
Have fun with the new FAL.

The C&S kit is on the way when available. I'm really proud of Springfield's build quality on this one. The slide to frame fit is very tight compared to the others I own. The barrel fitment is clean and tight as well. I have some small gripes, but for a production piece, it's above par.

My built 2011 should be done next month. Deciding after that if I will go forward with a full race gun or not. With the ported barrel and comp, this thing was ridiculously fun to shoot.

Attachments

• 20231007_132055.jpg
    20231007_132055.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
DSA mags are crap. I bought 5 of their 20 rounders back in 2013 and not a single one of them will feed. Others have complained as well on FAL Files. I've tried to smooth up the feed lips on a couple of them but they still don't work so, as of now, they're useless paper weights until I decide to fuck with them some more.

The one that came with my rifle when I bought it back in '05 works great as do the (2) 30 rounders I have. I picked up a couple of Moses polymer mags but have not tried them out yet.

20231016_125944_001.jpg

Last edited:
have a chance to play with that Prodigy much more? Thoughts?

Last edited:
It passed my test. Very few things I don't like and they're mostly just my preference. No issues with accuracy or feeding.

Top Back Refresh