What's new

DId something change on the forum software? Browser/mouse back button?

bgaidan

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
NC Triad
Did this change for anyone else in the last 2-3 days?

I use a mouse with side back/forward buttons. Usually the back button will back out to the previous page, but something seems to have changed with the forum where it's refreshing to "new posts" when I click back.

Only happens when I click on the little green arrow to go to the first new post in a thread.

For example, clicking the green arrow first goes to
https://irate4x4.com/chit-chat/271660-nm-open-ended-state-of-emergency-declared?goto=newpost
and then immediately jumps to the first new post you haven't read in the thread, such as:
https://irate4x4.com/chit-chat/271660-nm-open-ended-state-of-emergency-declared/page7#post320373

When you click back, it loops back to the "new post" link and then forwards back to the newest post in the thread. You have to fast double click back to beat it.

Looks like it's doing the same thing with the back button in Chrome too.

Seems to have started saturday or sunday.

Getting kind of annoying having to click back 2 or 3 times to back out of a thread.

Normal here. I've got my side buttons turned off so that I don't hit them accidentally while flailing around.

You sure you didn't remap your mouse buttons?

Clear your cache?

Last edited:
my fwd/back mouse buttons appear to be functioning normally.

Normal here. I've got my side buttons turned off so that I don't hit them accidentally while flailing around.

You sure you didn't remap your mouse buttons?

Clear your cache?

Could have thought so, but it was doing it on my home computer all weekend and my work computer today. But I do have the same mouse on both machines....

I noticed it to
if im on page 2 of chit chat
1 click it goes to the top of page 2
another click back to the main page listing all the sub forums bypassing page 1

yeah, back buttons don't work within threads, you gotta use the page buttons

typical new-age web design shit, it can't all be normal basic links and pages, it's gotta be script links that edit the page rather than loading new ones all together
like how you middle click a lot of links these days and you get a blank tab with 'javascript' in the URL bar

ETA: which is to say it's just another fucking xenforo thing

[486 said:
;n320684]yeah, back buttons don't work within threads, you gotta use the page buttons

typical new-age web design shit, it can't all be normal basic links and pages, it's gotta be script links that edit the page rather than loading new ones all together
like how you middle click a lot of links these days and you get a blank tab with 'javascript' in the URL bar

ETA: which is to say it's just another fucking xenforo thing

Yep, the back button between thread pages never worked - always brought you back to the same page you were on. I got used to that. But whatever changed won't bring you back to the to the main forum section page even if there's only one page in the thread or if you haven't clicked between multiple pages. Really annoying - if you remember to double click back, it usually works. But if you're too slow, it turns in to 3 or 4 clicks and then sometimes you end up back all the way out of the site. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh