What's new

Dibs on my own stuff...?

Spoke too soon, lost all taste and smell today. So fucking wierd :laughing:

Overall feeling good though, went on a dirt road cruise today.
Remember to eat and drink water, you almost have to force yourself to do this without your sense of taste. Atleast I did.

Spoke too soon, lost all taste and smell today. So fucking wierd :laughing:

Overall feeling good though, went on a dirt road cruise today.
I could sorta sense salty and sweet. No real taste. Anything I ordinarily ate gave me phantom taste, then it was like my brain said screw it, it’s not really there and it was instantly bland. If Something was spicy it was like 1 single taste bud was responding to it At a time. Really weird feeling.

soda was the worst, just carbonated water

I could sorta sense salty and sweet. No real taste. Anything I ordinarily ate gave me phantom taste, then it was like my brain said screw it, it’s not really there and it was instantly bland. If Something was spicy it was like 1 single taste bud was responding to it At a time. Really weird feeling.

Beer was what really made me notice, figured I'd have one on our cruise, tasted like carbonated water, so wierd.

Candy seems to be kinda normal, but that could be my brain tricking me.

You described mine exactly. Sweet, salty, carbonated. Those were the only concepts I had. Everything else was just crazily muted.

I’m hearing AND smell impaired.

I love salty, spicy and sweet. Anything less I hardly taste it.

Enjoy be able to fart all you want while she can’t smell!

Beer was what really made me notice, figured I'd have one on our cruise, tasted like carbonated water, so wierd.

Candy seems to be kinda normal, but that could be my brain tricking me.
I'd be curious to see if you could taste bourbon.

Remember to eat and drink water, you almost have to force yourself to do this without your sense of taste. Atleast I did.

i forgot to eat for like 8 days. not because i couldnt taste anything, but because i had no appetite. lost a bunch of weight. the water thing is the key though, helps your body process the pile of vitamins you should be taking.

i forgot to eat for like 8 days. not because i couldnt taste anything, but because i had no appetite. lost a bunch of weight. the water thing is the key though, helps your body process the pile of vitamins you should be taking.

Guy at work had it, dropped 15lbs in a week for about the same reason, and is still weak as fuck. Works a day, takes a day off, and he's dragging hard at the end of the day he works.

Guy at work had it, dropped 15lbs in a week for about the same reason, and is still weak as fuck. Works a day, takes a day off, and he's dragging hard at the end of the day he works.
Yeah, 7 days after i popped hot for it, about 12 days after first symptoms, i tested negative with a home test. Went to the ranch (mid-August) loaded two full loads of calves by myself and took them to the auction.

i will say i was sucking wind big time and the heat didnt help anything. was tired the next day but it was nice to get back out there and do something. the longer people sit around the longer that stuff lingers.

Yeah, 7 days after i popped hot for it, about 12 days after first symptoms, i tested negative with a home test. Went to the ranch (mid-August) loaded two full loads of calves by myself and took them to the auction.

i will say i was sucking wind big time and the heat didnt help anything. was tired the next day but it was nice to get back out there and do something. the longer people sit around the longer that stuff lingers.
I didnt realize i had it at first. Went to the gym and did a hour of cardio/interval training based off of my heart rate. I thought i would hurl.

Fixed my chest right up though after i finished coughing an hour later. Zero continued breathing issues.

You guys that lost your smell, what happens on your morning snort of cocaine?

I didnt realize i had it at first. Went to the gym and did a hour of cardio/interval training based off of my heart rate. I thought i would hurl.

Fixed my chest right up though after i finished coughing an hour later. Zero continued breathing issues.

i never had the cough. but i could tell my lungs capacity was diminished, if i tried to take a deep breath, it was like the capacity wasnt there and i would cough once. oddly, my sneezes were shallow as there wasnt much to push out.

2 months later and ive been GTG after that first initial cattle working day. back in the gym hitting the heavy bag a few times a week now.

I am going on almost a year (Thanksgiving) and my taste is still fucked up. Some days it's perfect, other days I have weird aftertaste that lingers all day long. Haven't been able to figure it out. Just this morning I was telling my wife that the coffee we have been drinking for years now tastes bitter to me. Who knows............

Well I guess I get to join the experiment.

My exposure was 10/27,
Felt the onset of a cold (back of the throat feeling, tiredness, fatigue) on the night of 10/29,
10/30 felt like the start of a cold (congested, headaches, tiredness),
10/31 was when it got weird - Worked outside all afternoon and felt just fine, had to go help my dad move a furnace, and when I got home I had real bad chills. Sat in my truck with the heat all the way up and the heated seat on in the driveway for like 20 minutes. Came inside, went to take a shower, ended up in there with 100% hot water for a long time and never got warm. Moved to the living room with the GFs heated blanket ripping at full blast and eventually transitioned to a mild low grade fever - the last measurement I got was like 100.8, but I got warmer after getting in bed.
11/1 was more of cold symptoms + now diarrhea.
11/2 was mild improvement, still diarrhea, noticed I was winded more than I should have been after running downstairs.
11/3 improvement in general, still diarrhea (but less bad). Obtained a home test kit and it popped + very quickly.

All of this on top of Her Dad dying of Covid on 10/27 after 2.5 weeks in ICU, who's memorial service Is now being postponed due to my covid test acting as a canary for the rest of her immediate family who all have similar symptoms to me, but are too Trumpy to get a test. Her step dad dying a couple months back from bone cancer, and job changes. Its been a fun couple of months at my house.

Edit: I had 1 dose of Moderna on 10/20 so I'm not sure that helped me a ton. GF is fully vaxed as she is a nurse, and the rest of her family is not. She is the only one not sick.

Last edited:
I can still smell when my nose isn't packed full of snot, but my taste has changed a bit. Before Covid, I ate a ton of Chester's Flaming Hot Fries, to the point of ordering cases of them direct from FritoLay, snacks.com if you are curious. But now they are just hot, but no real flavor. I can taste most everything else, but some sweet sodas are now "too sweet" and are like drinking maple syrup. Even the Dr.Pepper Zero I normally drank needs to me taken in moderation. Pepsi, which I normally do not like, is not so bad anymore. Sort of weird.

One thing I will say, is definitely eat when you can and rest afterwards. Digesting does take a fair amount of energy and if you are already weakened, it can do weird shit to you. For me, I found I was craving meat, like beef or some sort of protein. Eating Summer Sausage seemed to help me get my strength back and kick start my digestion which seemed to have stalled for a few days in the middle of my sleep deprivation delirium.

Good luck to anyone who gets a back case of it. Keeping it out of your lungs seems to be a priority for getting over it quickly and potentially not dying. Don't lay flat on your back when resting and try to breathe dry air. Just my .02

Top Back Refresh