What's new

Dibs on my own stuff...?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
Tue evening I got real tired and feverish. Just layed on the couch all day yesterday, feeling like shit in varying degrees. Wife stayed home and had similar symptoms.

Wife had to test for work, called this morning, + fucking rona :homer:

Hasn't really been that bad yet. Worst part today is we had to keep my 9 yr old home from school which means he's missing his Halloween party at school that he was super excited about. :(

Someone asked about a log, so here goes.

I'm 33, ~185 lbs. I'd consider myself decently heathly and active.

Tue evening: very sudden tiredness and extremely wierd fever where 78* and bundled in a blanket still didn't feel like enough. I can remember if she took my temp that night or the next day, but I hit 101.3* or something.

Tue night: slept like shit, tossed and turned and by early morning had a very sore back.

Wed: woke up pretty sore and with a slight headache. Ibuprofen seemed to help. Felt pretty good late morning. About noon started felling shitty again, mostly just tired. Layed on the couch pretty much the rest of the day.

Wed night: slept like shit, tossing and turning and sore back again.

Thursday: woke up a little sore and with a wierd headache that seemed connected to my eyes, if I looked ome way or the other it hurt. Again, ibuprofen seemed to help. The rest of the day, I actually felt pretty good and thought I might have been done.

Thursday night: took ibuprofen as prevention of the sore back, and 2 12mg tabs of melatonin. Woke up after an hour or so soaked in sweat like I've never experienced. Tried to kinda dry off, air out the bed for a min and fell asleep again. Hour or 2 later woke up even more wet, my hair felt like I had run it under the shower. Kinda dried off again and fell asleep on the couch, then later got back in bed (gross :flipoff2:) without it happening again.

Friday (present) :woke up with a sore neck, but otherwise feeling OK. Took a shower, ibuprofen, some vitamins and allergy medicine that drawing a blank on the name. Layed on the couch and passed out for about 4 hours. Got up and am not feeling too bad besides a little sore overall.

Drove for about 2.5 hours to go get the meds and felt like I had drove through the night when I got home. Pretty much layed around the rest of the day. Not really feeling terrible, but not great either.

Fri night: kinda similar to Thursday night with crazy sweating, but not quite as bad.

Saturday: per usual, woke up all kinked up. Still really tired, like standing for 10 Mins to take a shower was exhausting. Rested most of the day, laying on a heating pad helped the back. Had the wierd eye head ache of and on. Felt pretty good towards the evening.

Saturday night: had a strange experience falling asleep, not sure how to explain. Seemed like every time I'd fall asleep, I'd immediately jerk awake. Happened like 5 or 6 times, I got up and walked around a little and seemed to be OK after that, sweating deal was still there, but not as bad. Woke up early morning with a sore back and ended up laying on the heating pad to fall back asleep.

Sunday: so far mostly tired and sore.

Last edited:
Had something sweeping through the office, sore throat, sinus pressure, snot factory, seven day mental fog. Multiple people got tested for the rona, turns out the common cold is still a thing? Business as usual.

Buying over the counter cold medicine in 2021 is weird, feels like people are watching you.:homer:

Going au natural or do ya have meds to speed the process up?

Not sure yet. We're both early 30s and pretty healthy, so shouldn't be too bad. I honestly haven't paid much attention to the ivermecton threads.

I live about an hour from you. Let me know if you guys need any groceries, etc.

I really appreciate that, wife ordered them for curbside pick up this morning. (hard to believe that's a thing up here, :laughing: but it is)

If the doc wont prescribe anything, horse paste works. It pairs well with vanilla yogurt.

Luckily we live in a pretty conservative area, so the local doc will prescribe it.

Reactions: DMG
Had something sweeping through the office, sore throat, sinus pressure, snot factory, seven day mental fog. Multiple people got tested for the rona, turns out the common cold is still a thing? Business as usual.

Buying over the counter cold medicine in 2021 is weird, feels like people are watching you.:homer:

:laughing:

I kinda knew right away that it was rona, I've never felt so tired so suddenly. Also never had a fever like it was Tuesday evening. I had the gas stove cranking to like 78* in the living room and I was still wrapped in a blanket. When I went to get in the shower, I was shivering waiting for the water to get hot, even with the space heater running.

It's a real thing, probably not a big deal for most, not worth ruining the country over. :flipoff2:

Not sure yet. We're both early 30s and pretty healthy, so shouldn't be too bad. I honestly haven't paid much attention to the ivermecton threads.

I really appreciate that, wife ordered them for curbside pick up this morning. (hard to believe that's a thing up here, :laughing: but it is)

Luckily we live in a pretty conservative area, so the local doc will prescribe it.
get on it right away.

They way it works is the virus multiplies quickly in your body, once it does that a lot the ivermectin dose not work as well.

Taken right at the start is the BEST way to stop the virus from multiplying in your system.

get on it right away.

They way it works is the virus multiplies quickly in your body, once it does that a lot the ivermectin dose not work as well.

Taken right at the start is the BEST way to stop the virus from multiplying in your system.
This, Take 100mg of Zinc, 1000mg of vitamin C and some vitamin d3 too.

The loss of taste and smell is weird if it happens. Mine was back in about 2 weeks. 3 for my wife.

Lots of that shit floating around the region still. They just opened the overflow patient area in Kalispell that the National Guard built. Don't be surprised if you think you are feeling better, then it kicks you in the ass in a couple days.

I think it went though our house a few weeks ago

I have had the plain ol flu way worse, if that helps at all :beer:

What makes you think it wasn't just the flu then?
I had EVERY Symptom

tried to get a test, but my area evidently just wants to data mine your information rather than helping you find a test location
When I have 'flu like symptoms' I dont have patients for your .gov bullshit, so I went about my day tresting it like I would normally

I got it around 9/25 still no smell and I still have a cough sometimes. I never tested or changed anything about my daily life because covid is just a rebrand of illnesses that have been around forever.

I had EVERY Symptom

tried to get a test, but my area evidently just wants to data mine your information rather than helping you find a test location
When I have 'flu like symptoms' I dont have patients for your .gov bullshit, so I went about my day tresting it like I would normally

I didn't see a point to getting tested. But if they want it for the prescription, I won't be that stubborn :laughing: the testing place is right up the road, like 1/4 mile, so I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

So far, it definitely goes in waves. Right now I feel ~90% normal. Ibuprofen actually seems to help quite a bit with the headache and sore back.

I got it around 9/25 still no smell and I still have a cough sometimes. I never tested or changed anything about my daily life because covid is just a rebrand of illnesses that have been around forever.

Maybe so, but some people do get pretty fucked up from it that probably wouldn't get that messed up by the normal flu. Maybe it's the extra Wuhan spices? :flipoff2:

try some alph lipoic acid. found in another thread here somewhere. Had the rona in august, lost smell and taste for about a week. then a couple weeks later, my smeller went pure cigarette smoke. Been taking two 300mg of the mentioned tabs daily and it is helping. Or im just getting better on my own. Feel fine in all regards, just the funny smells.

I didn't see a point to getting tested. But if they want it for the prescription, I won't be that stubborn :laughing: the testing place is right up the road, like 1/4 mile, so I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

So far, it definitely goes in waves. Right now I feel ~90% normal. Ibuprofen actually seems to help quite a bit with the headache and sore back.
I know I could have gotten tested, I just was tired of the bullshit. Dr office didnt want to deal with it. I don't know the ins and outs of the .gov world. The keep selling the 'free' test and follow that up with ....what your insurance?
well, you don't need my insurance....its free :laughing:

fuck em, I went back to bed
that is how I treated mine anyway

I have had the flu before where I distinctly remember praying for death on the bathroom floor on several occasions. I was nowhere near that level of sick

try some alph lipoic acid. found in another thread here somewhere. Had the rona in august, lost smell and taste for about a week. then a couple weeks later, my smeller went pure cigarette smoke. Been taking two 300mg of the mentioned tabs daily and it is helping. Or im just getting better on my own. Feel fine in all regards, just the funny smells.
That with some vitamin A had everyone with functioning smellers and tasters here. It ended up taking about 8 days.

I'm 40, wife is 37, kids 11,8,6.

I got it last Saturday the 16th. Worse day was Sunday with fever and tiredness. The following 4-5 days were tired in bed.
The wife didnt get it until at least 6-7 days after me. Same with the kids. Wife had similar symptoms to me. Kids were down for a day, maybe less.

I'm back at work now.

Overall, it was mostly an inconvienence. Other than being sick for 1 day the whole rest of the time was just an annoyance with being tired. I'm a little amazed we managed to avoid it for 2 years, then it got everyone. Glad it's over with and we confirmed it was pretty much nothing for us. Big Surprise.

I didn't see a point to getting tested.
The only reason I went in and got a second "official" test was to have it on my record in case natural immunity is ever recognised for soemthing useful. I had also heard you needed to wait X days after having covid and before getting a vaccine, not sure how true that is and didn't follow up on it.

Kinda tempted to go get a COVID antibody test. Was going through my Kroger purchases on my account and found when I'd picked up a bunch of flu meds back in Feb 2020. Was sick as a dog for like a 2-3 days and completely forgot about it until I saw that purchase. I do remember having a motherfucker of a time breathing in hindsight.

The only reason I went in and got a second "official" test was to have it on my record in case natural immunity is ever recognised for soemthing useful. I had also heard you needed to wait X days after having covid and before getting a vaccine, not sure how true that is and didn't follow up on it.
I had to for work. Work policy is I could come back 10 days after I tested positive if I wasn't symptomatic or after testing negative after direct exposure. I played the test negative game and lost, ended up trying to work from home on a crappy internet connection for 5 extra days because of it. I should have tested sooner.

I'm 40, wife is 37, kids 11,8,6.

I got it last Saturday the 16th. Worse day was Sunday with fever and tiredness. The following 4-5 days were tired in bed.
The wife didnt get it until at least 6-7 days after me. Same with the kids. Wife had similar symptoms to me. Kids were down for a day, maybe less.

I'm back at work now.

Overall, it was mostly an inconvienence. Other than being sick for 1 day the whole rest of the time was just an annoyance with being tired. I'm a little amazed we managed to avoid it for 2 years, then it got everyone. Glad it's over with and we confirmed it was pretty much nothing for us. Big Surprise.

I was kinda thinking this also. Except for the first few weeks where we played it safe just in case it was as bad as they said, I haven't changed my life at all. I figured I had gotten it and not experienced any symptoms by now.

My wife does work at the hospital and they are actually getting hit pretty hard. Which is probably how we got it :homer:

it kicked my ass back in Dec/Jan. Sick for about 3 weeks. Took about 5 months to be able to smell again.

Doc prescribed the horse paste or whatever the left is calling it now. Of course, insurance won't cover it :mad3:

I'm beginning to wonder what the point of medical insurance really is. Wait, I take that back, I've thought forever. :laughing:

the one thing i dont think i've seen, be sure to eat! get enough good calories.

when me and my family got it, none of us cared for a bite of food. i found ways to get the kids to eat and i forced myself, even a few meal replacement shakes a day. me and the kids where over it in no time. (i'm weird, dont really ever get hungry, and have to be reminded to eat. i like eating good food, but am perfectly happy surviving on protien/ meal replacement drinks)

my wife on the other hand, took it as an opportunity to lose some weight. really dumb idea. she got it worse than anyone i have known, and it lasted at least 2wks, her taste and smell for about 2 months. she did drop some lbs and was looking good, but not worth the cost at all.

so be sure to get plenty of good calories in you. try to gain weight. then all the vitamins and such on top of that. you'll be fixed up in no time.

Top Back Refresh