What's new

DEF pump 2016

cj3a

Member Number
Loc
NJ
Looks like my 2016 needs a new DEF pump. OEM is around 1400. Amazon is around 300. Anyone have any experience with this mess?

In a communist state like joisey?

Hard to do I would bet.

That’s what I am afraid of. Looks like the pump at a dealer is listed as out of stock and eBay has mopar pumps. From reading on line it has been an ongoing issue with getting pumps and failures. My truck only as 20k for miles and mostly long distance trips.

After my last truck rusty away this one has never seen salt. I think I am going to get a new pump installed and keep the original and see if I can figure out what went wrong. From what I read the lock ring is on supper tight so that should be fun.

For those wondering I believe part number 68192659AH is the latest part number. I ordered off eBay.

If you buy the Amazon pump you’re going to get experience changing it. I’m sure if you shop online there are plenty of counterfeit pumps out there also.
I do a lot of truck work and I go through this almost every week. I buy all diesel parts OEM from the dealer or I tell them to take it to somebody else. Nobody has ever went to somebody else yet.

New OEM pump is in and working. Cannot get the old pump apart to figure of what went wrong with it.

New OEM pump is in and working. Cannot get the old pump apart to figure of what went wrong with it.
Absolutely the best way to go. I’ve seen so many guy’s try cutting corners, they all think it’ll work for them…. till it doesn’t.
China and electrons don’t work well, like I said I literally see it every week.

Top Back Refresh