What's new

Dana 44 high steer arms

Fishnbeer

The dude abides
Member Number
Loc
CA
This may be more of a newb question but I cant seem to find info on this. I have an older set of chevy flat top knuckles that are milled and tapped and came with an arm bolted to it. I need to swap out the right arm for one with 2 holes.

Are these all tapped to the same pattern? Meaning all brands interchange and I dont have to stick to a particular brand? I bought the knuckles through parts mike many a years ago.

[memphis]

Web wheeler
Member Number
Only two holes mounting the arm to the knuckle or you mean two tapered holes to mount a tie rod and drag link? I believe they are symmetrical side to side and match the OEM 3 hole pattern. I have a set of OE D44 Zamboni knuckles that were factory drilled and tapped on both sides with a matching pattern

Rangerrod

Member Number
They should be. An easy check would be to measure between studs from side to side.

Fishnbeer

The dude abides
Member Number
Loc
CA
Yeah sorry I meant the 3 holes for the studs to mount the arm to the knuckle. Are those all the same from brand to brand? Or do some use a different pattern?

Rangerrod

Member Number
Same. Some have a 4th hole for Reid aftermarket knuckles. I personally haven’t ever seen sheared 44 studs so may not be worth it.

I personally like sky manufacturing arms. But most of them are the same.