What's new

Dana 300/toy crawl dimensions vs single toy case?

makemeknowit

Kwisatz Haderach
Member Number
Loc
Memphis, TN
I looked but didn't find any dimensions comparing the two. Dual toy cases makes for too much tube rework in my buggy and the current single 4.7 isn't low enough. The dana/toy combo looks damn close dimension wise to a single toy case.

Ever had one, but I've heard they are close like you're saying.

I was so interested in that set up for ever. But typical AA junk, that adapter has a lot of issues. Maybe it can be made to work, I'm not sure.

rockyota83 ran one with an atlas iirc.

OTT adapter is what a friend has along with a 4:1 Dana 300. Not in his possession yet, will be catching a ride with someone coming back from KY

Ever had one, but I've heard they are close like you're saying.

I was so interested in that set up for ever. But typical AA junk, that adapter has a lot of issues. Maybe it can be made to work, I'm not sure.

rockyota83 ran one with an atlas iirc.
Not sure what you mean about issues with the AA stuff. I ran the ott unit for 10 years or so and kept killing the resplined shaft that they used in their adapter. I switched to the AA setup and have been problem free ever since.

Not sure what you mean about issues with the AA stuff. I ran the ott unit for 10 years or so and kept killing the resplined shaft that they used in their adapter. I switched to the AA setup and have been problem free ever since.

I think it was white shadow who had tons of issues every trip with the 4 bolts that hold the 2 half together coming loose. Then had a bearing go out, I think another issue. It seemed like it was coming out after every trip.

I think it was white shadow who had tons of issues every trip with the 4 bolts that hold the 2 half together coming loose. Then had a bearing go out, I think another issue. It seemed like it was coming out after every trip.
I installed mine with blue loctite on all the fasteners. The 300 just hangs off the back. I use the factory Toyota mount placement. Been problem free for 11 years. Was he running a mount on the 300?

I installed mine with blue loctite on all the fasteners. The 300 just hangs off the back. I use the factory Toyota mount placement. Been problem free for 11 years. Was he running a mount on the 300?

He was running an atlas.

I'm not sure what mount. You're saying you were just using a single Toyota mount?

Single mount that is under the factory Toyota low range portion, yes. Still am running it.

Surprised that's held up. They don't seem to like a single mount with dual cases, the mounts fail or you run an upgraded mount and the case breaks. But that could be partially due to shit or broken engine mounts.

Surprised that's held up. They don't seem to like a single mount with dual cases, the mounts fail or you run an upgraded mount and the case breaks. But that could be partially due to shit or broken engine mounts.
Don’t know what to tell ya. My drivetrain is of the 3 point configuration (2 motor mounts and a single rear mount). It has worked great for years and continues to do so. Both of my diffs are high pinion 60s. Perhaps the shallow driveline angles help.

d300 is 10-1/2" to 11-5/8"
toy crawl box with adapter is 6-1/2" to 8-3/8"

depends on year of d300 and type of adapter

toy crawl box and d300 will be maybe 2" shorter if youre lucky vs toy crawl box and toy case

Top Back Refresh