Gatesville, TX
Well, i hope this is a good thing for Colt going forward

And the family grows -- a warm welcome to
Colt
!
#Repost @czguns
• • • • • •
1f1fa_1f1f8.png
We are very pleased with another important milestone in the history of the CZ brand. Our parent group CZG has agreed on purchase of the American small arms manufacturer Colt. After the completion of the transaction, the legendary Colt brand will become the new sister company of CZUB.

American Rifleman | CZ Group To Acquire Colt

I was just about to post this in Shat - glad I checked OSR first.

US Gun Maker Colt Bought by Czech Company

The gun maker helped develop revolvers in the 19th century.

Feb 12th, 2021
Associated Press

Colt_45_istock_sized.60269968ca1ea.png

A classic Colt '45.
iStock

PRAGUE (AP) — Czech firearms company Ceska Zbrojovka has signed a deal to acquire Colt, the American gun maker that helped develop revolvers in the 19th century and has since supplied the armed forces in the U.S. and other countries.

Ceska Zbrojovka Group SE said Friday that it has purchased all the shares in Colt Holding Company LLC, the parent company of Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC and its Canadian subsidiary, Colt Canada Corp.

The deal is worth $220 million and 1,098,620 newly issued shares in Ceska Zbrojovk and is subject to approval by regulators. The Czech company said it expected the transaction to be completed in the second quarter of 2021.

“With this strategic move, CZG will acquire significant production capacity in the United States and Canada and substantially expand its global customer base,” the Czech company said.

The Czech company has some 1,650 workers in the Czech Republic, United States and Germany.

CZ has been cranking out better weapons over the years imo. Hope they work their magic on the Colt brand and bring it back to the forefront! Love my CZ's. I have a CZ75D that has functioned flawlessly for more than 2 decades.

CZ has been cranking out better weapons over the years imo. Hope they work their magic on the Colt brand and bring it back to the forefront! Love my CZ's. I have a CZ75D that has functioned flawlessly for more than 2 decades.

I feel like this is one of those moves that should be good overall. colt isn't getting bought out by some faceless whatever who doesn't know anything about quality control :laughing:

I feel like this is one of those moves that should be good overall. colt isn't getting bought out by some faceless whatever who doesn't know anything about quality control :laughing:

It's interesting... I don't own ONE Colt firearm. Never had~ I know they made some great .45's and AR's back in the day, but my friends that ran anything post 2005/6 said they had complaints. Kinda put a damper on my opinion of them. I guess that could be taken either way, but I never had a complaint about anything CZ. Heck even their bolt actions were top notch in my opinion... really wish I didn't sell my 7.62 carbine bolt action. :homer:

Cannot do any worst than passed management.

Cannot do any worst than passed management.

absolutely, there is only up from here!

colt is an american brand, but if it takes a european company to get them to make quality stuff, i'm all for it. there seems to be always lot's of consolidation and trading around of the names and this is one that i'm actually excited about

Once we have sold EVERYTHING offshore, What WILL we have left of A ONCE great country???

Once we have sold EVERYTHING offshore, What WILL we have left of A ONCE great country???

i'm 90% certain that CZ group will keep colt as US manufacturing.

maybe not, but with all the BS import laws and government contracting rules, there is no reason to move mfg overseas. What they can do is bring in some actual management and quality control staffed with europeans or CZ USA until they can get the Colt plant in good order. hell, maybe just switching out to European Accountants will help quickly :laughing:

Colt was garbage. At least import laws will keep manufacturing here.

I have Sigs and CZ's, because they work.

Come to think of it, other than a couple Remington 700 actions (aftermarket barrels, triggers, chassis) I don't have any classic American guns.
Mostly Benelli, Bergara, Sig, Lanber, and random parts built AR's.

I had to call CZ for parts for my Dan Wesson, and wouldn't you know they actually had them. Unlike Dan Wesson that was bankrupt and dead for years before and I had to rely on Numrich and used parts.

Chevy man, sig is all us made now. They shut down their German plant last year due to german bs politics.

I think this will be good for Colt. Their last couple of owners were corporate nimrods just trying to deliver money for the shareholders and cutting quality and qc.
Supposedly the current 6920 parts aren't even mag particle tested and are sourced from other manufacturers, yet they still want the colt price.
CZ makes great firearms and I hope it and some of their innovation will be brought to Colt.

If you want more insight into the whole deal check out small arms solutions on the utube. He used to work at colt and has a the best understanding of their failings i have heard.

Chevy man, sig is all us made now. They shut down their German plant last year due to german bs politics.

I think this will be good for Colt. Their last couple of owners were corporate nimrods just trying to deliver money for the shareholders and cutting quality and qc.
Supposedly the current 6920 parts aren't even mag particle tested and are sourced from other manufacturers, yet they still want the colt price.
CZ makes great firearms and I hope it and some of their innovation will be brought to Colt.

If you want more insight into the whole deal check out small arms solutions on the utube. He used to work at colt and has a the best understanding of their failings i have heard.

video from last month "potential CZ buying colt" video

CZ made military Mausers under several different governments and economic systems. They make weapons. American companies try to make money for their stockholders, usually by raping past efforts for a quick cheap sale.

would it be better if cerberus had bought it so it remained 100% american?

i'm 90% certain that CZ group will keep colt as US manufacturing.

maybe not, but with all the BS import laws and government contracting rules, there is no reason to move mfg overseas. What they can do is bring in some actual management and quality control staffed with europeans or CZ USA until they can get the Colt plant in good order. hell, maybe just switching out to European Accountants will help quickly :laughing:

I too think this is likely an end run on import restrictions on both continents.
which would mean they keep the factory here.

look at all of the euro manufacturers that have opened partner USA only companies so they can get around import bullshit.
CZ just bought theirs.

CZ made military Mausers under several different governments and economic systems. They make weapons. American companies try to make money for their stockholders, usually by raping past efforts for a quick cheap sale.

Ruger is listed on the stock exchange and makes a good product.

colt was privately held and not stock issuing and makes a shit product.

all you anti stock anti shareholder and anti capitalist fucks can go drink another bottle :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Ruger is listed on the stock exchange and makes a good product.

colt was privately held and not stock issuing and makes a shit product.

all you anti stock anti shareholder and anti capitalist fucks can go drink another bottle :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

All the crappy shit you drink is made and hocked by Capitalist stock manipulating leveraged hedge fund parasites. I'll stick to my family owned totally holistic and compassionate Keystone Lite and be soooooooooo Smoooooth. :laughing:

Edit: :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh