What's new

Custom 1911 Grips

Lee

Guild of Calamitous Intent
Member Number
Loc
The Natural State
Anyone had grips made? Looking to get some custom engraved grips. I've reached out to LaserWerx and West Virginia Wood Arts based solely on Google search results, it's been almost a week and I haven't heard anything from them. Thanksgiving probably slowed things down, and I'm maybe a little impatient.

I'm wanting a PD's badge and a seal on a set of grips, similar to this.

custom-deputy-sheriff-with-stippling-grips.jpg
img_01691.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations?

Check with Heavy Armor Division out of NC. I used to work with Danny and Ben at Para USA. Alot of the high end custom guns we built for execs or celebrities were built by those two. Awesome guys and honest.

https://www.heavyarmordivision.com/

Thanks.

I heard back from LaserWerx and another person from Etsy still haven't heard from West Virginia Wood Arts.

Etsy person didn't inspire confidence. LaserWerx had great communication, just slowed down by the holiday, and have examples of basically exactly what I want in their portfolio. I gave LaserWerx the go ahead, they're working on the artwork, and I expect they'll be making a set of cocobolo grips for me.

Check with Heavy Armor Division out of NC. I used to work with Danny and Ben at Para USA. Alot of the high end custom guns we built for execs or celebrities were built by those two. Awesome guys and honest.

https://www.heavyarmordivision.com/

what ya do at para?
got a carry 45 i am building from parts
got a question about ejector .

Last edited:
what ya do at para?
got a carry 45 i am building from parts
got a question about ejector .

Used to be the process engineer from 2012 to closure of the plant. I was the asshole that took them from bench building to assembly lines.

Whats you question?

o
Used to be the process engineer from 2012 to closure of the plant. I was the asshole that took them from bench building to assembly lines.

Whats you question?

is the extractor a standard or oversize on the carry 45.
is the main spring housing a officers size? or brand only size.

Top Back Refresh