What's new

Crapsman diesel torpedo heater issues?

That was my first thought. Diesel + gas = cold weather diesel? :laughing:
Cold weather diesel is either #2 diesel cut with #1 diesel, or #2 diesel cut with kerosene.
Using gasoline instead is rumored to work, but I would highly recommend against it if you using any engine that has emissions hardware on it.
It could probably be used in a heater such as this one but I would probably avoid it unless I was certain it could be mixed properly through the whole tank and wouldn't separate, the slug of gasoline going through would make for a exciting experience.

Aaron Z

Cold weather diesel is either #2 diesel cut with #1 diesel, or #2 diesel cut with kerosene.
Using gasoline instead is rumored to work, but I would highly recommend against it if you using any engine that has emissions hardware on it.
It could probably be used in a heater such as this one but I would probably avoid it unless I was certain it could be mixed properly through the whole tank and wouldn't separate, the slug of gasoline going through would make for a exciting experience.

Aaron Z

That was a joke :flipoff2:

I think it's got to be a bit of water in there. I've been running it quite a bit with the back propped up ~2" with no issues. Once it runs out like that, I'll siphon the rest out into my fire starter fuel can.

I’ve got the same heater, and haven’t had any trouble out of it yet, running kerosene. I just wish it had a larger fuel tank for 24/7 operation.

I’ve got the same heater, and haven’t had any trouble out of it yet, running kerosene. I just wish it had a larger fuel tank for 24/7 operation.

Posted in your thread.

Run diesel, I've used dozens of these heaters, never ran anything but diesel. I can't imagine paying for 24/7 kerosene :eek:

Hopefully you have offroad diesel near you. Usually ~$0.60 cheaper than regular diesel.

Top Back Refresh