What's new

Coquito (puerto rican eggnog)

lagunaMS

4 by drive
Member Number
Loc
Dixie
I got this from a real life puerto rican lady. Delicious stuff

I found the cream of coconut in the liquor section of the grocery store by the mixers, I was iniitally looking in the section where the condensed milk and shit is but it was not there. Once it's chilled it can get a little gooey at the top so do as she says and let it sit out and shake it like a screaming baby before you pour it

Coquito (Creamy Tropical Liqueur)​

Ingredients:

2 cans cream of cocoanut (Coco-Lopez)
1 can evaporated milk and (same of water)
3 cups Don-Q (clear rum) OR 1½ cups Don-Q (Coco) + 1½ cups Don-Q (Clear)
2 tsp cinnamon
12 drops of vanilla extract
8 eggs (yellow part)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Store refrigerated. Remove from refrigerator a half hour prior to serving and warm slightly

Have a similar recipe (also from a Puerto Rican babe) but without the yolks.

1 can cream of coconut
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 can (or small can) of sweetened condensed milk
2 cans evaporated milk
1 cup of aged white rum (or to taste) Shit, I use half a whole bottle of Cruzan!
1 tsp vanilla extract (use good stuff)
1/2 to 1 tsp cinnnamon (or to taste)
1/2 tsp of nutmeg

Blend like hell.

I pour off about 16oz before I add the rum so that the kiddos/non-drinkers can have some too.

Mixing a batch right now for NYE. Also, if anyone has trouble finding cream of coconut or coconut milk in the grocery, in addition to checking by the drink mixers, also check the ethnic aisle as both are used in Mexican and Asian/Thai dishes.

Don-Q makes a mighty fine rum as well as Cruzan. I've never seen anyone in PR drink Bacardi (bleegh) You can find rum aged like whisky and scotch and the $$$ to go along. I highly recommend sampling some

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh