What's new

Cool Old Iron in your Hood

Saw this the other day.
20220414_134311.jpg

FC7029D9-3F9D-4093-BD4E-CD30505A2072.jpeg
I washed and waxed the Ranger today. This month I can tag it as an Antique. It was my Great Aunt and Uncles since it was new in 1987. I was born in 86 and cant remember a time of them not having it as their main vehicle. It lived its whole life parked inside so that is why its in such nice condition. Everything still works on it AC cruise all the options. Its a 2.9 automatic. Its not a fancy classic yet but its in good shape compared to most Rangers so I think it could be someday. I still think about riding around with my Aunt and Uncle every time I drive it. Sometimes when you first kick the ac on I can still smell the True Cigarettes they used to smoke in it and I smile. They babysat me and I spent more time with them in their country store bait shop than just about anyone else when I was little.

Yeah, next stop was a junk yard, I didn't snap a pic, but an equally straight 67-72 f100 swb 4wd was parked in the owners special stable, no price, not for sale:homer:

Found this bad boy while driving up a wiped out side road in the canyon south of the one my Arizona property is in. In a straight line, it's about a mile from my south property line, just on the other side of a mountain ridge. Looks like someone parked it there 15 years ago and never came back. I found out through the local good old boy network it has a major hydraulic leak, and it was just parked there 15 years ago. My buddy with the trailer in the next pic is trying to get ahold of the owner so he can make an offer on it.
20220411_182038.jpg

Bought this (the backhoe, it's my buddy's truck/trailer)
IMG_1861.jpg

Top Back Refresh