What's new

conveyor belt stuff, joining single-ply PVC flat belts

How do I get that to run out of a wall outlet with or without burning my house down? I need to put drain tile in my basement and a floor that isnt just a thin layer of concrete on dirt. Would be better than carrying buckets out

google you up "vfd"
prolly need 220 though

[486 said:
;n231498]

google you up "vfd"
prolly need 220 though

220 or 221? Pops has some big electric motors taking up space, phase converters? I'd probably slap on some random motor and hope for the best

rpc is easy to make too, just a bit more wiring and you don't get the speed control

Yeah a 220 vfd. I have one but it get shared between my gold jig, mini jaw crusher and a big ball mill lol.

okay, gave the slow speed a try, transformer was outta taps, only a couple that made it faster and one that made it just hum real loud lol,
but 6v on the battery charger made it crawl along at the edge of stalling out
dumped a shovelfull on and it just immediately all fell off the back of the belt, none went up :c

so, now I'm on to a box that dumps itself like you'd see in a inclined shaft in underground mining
run it on garage door tracks, power it with a garage door opener with the stupid safety beam dealieo at the top so it automatically returns to the bottom with no effort put into placing limit switches in there
have it dump out inside the window and just have a chute go through the window, so it is easy to lock up for the night
leave the other conveyor outside to pile the shit away from the house

77553_incl_skip_lg.gif

the upper wheels are mounted inboard of the lower ones, so they take the inside track
I'd just run the garage door roller wheels inside the track on the top, then the bottom of the box would just have sliders atop the track

Last edited:
I mean, you already have the belt set up. Why are you giving up on it so soon? Maybe combine the two ideas? Any way you could pop rivet buckets or something onto the belt? Maybe some of those narrow plastic bins for storing files in?

belt is still useful for flatter applications

you seem to think I went into this having any idea what a conveyor belt would do
in cartoons the shit doesn't fall off the back end :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh