What's new

Company's still take your money for shit they don't have in stock?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
After being told 6 weeks, then on the 5th week that it would be at least 3 more weeks for some link ends. I decided to just order some FK hiems. Luckily, this company didn't want to take my money until they were ready to ship.

Poly performance came to mind, so I check their website. Although they use a very confusing system to order the correct sizes, they offer a variety of different quality levels. They also had summit machine rebuildable hiems, so I figured those would be great for the lower axle side.

A few days after placing the order, they email me that the uniballs and summit joints were out of stock :mad3: no where on their site does it say that.

Uniballs were only a day behind but they said 2 weeks for the summit joints.

Ended up just going to FK hiems instead, which cost white a bit more.

After this I remembered that the last time I order from poly, they sold me 11" bbcs shock, which were more like 9.5" at best, which quickly leaked and blew out. I would have thought that a company like them would be up front about what's in stock or out of stock.
​​​​
​​​​Also went to order some intercooler pipes for my 97 7.3, I just happened to email the company to make sure it would work with my intercooler and they said they're out of stock until the 5th.

I'm just surprised that this still happens, after we hear about all these companies going under or damn near, due to taking orders for out of stock products.

Been rebuilding a motorcycle motor and OEM parts have been hit or miss. Partzilla took a $150 from me and I had an almost five week wait time for the parts to arrive.

i'd rather have something that let's me order it with a semi-realistic warning label.

i.e. Buy Now (subject to 2-4 week lead time) or wtf ever. it's the wish list and 'notify me when back in stock' stuff that sucks.

i understand many things are made to order or kept in very low quantities. does it really take that much effort to update stock levels?

that's why if I'm ordering something large or expensive, I call to make the order. Talk with someone.

i'd rather have something that let's me order it with a semi-realistic warning label.

i.e. Buy Now (subject to 2-4 week lead time) or wtf ever. it's the wish list and 'notify me when back in stock' stuff that sucks.

i understand many things are made to order or kept in very low quantities. does it really take that much effort to update stock levels?

I did the "notify me when in stock" with a Marlin 30 spline front out put. They shot me an email and I placed the order. Worked fine. At least at that point, If a used one had popped up, I could have grabbed it and not had to deal with a refund.

I really wish the original company could get their shit together a little on keeping up with orders. They basically make the best shit. I just am basically stuck on this build without link ends, 3+ weeks for the pieces they said would be the fastest to make isn't going to work.

Very common for them. I ordered over 800 in rod ends and heims... took them over 6 months to get them to me. Then they were pissed when I couldn't pay right away because the parts were ready the week before Christmas. It's a shit business model that apparently caters to large customers and puts anyone else to the way side. I get it, but don't understand why they keep going this way. Before long the offroad community will stop looking to them since half a year is too long to wait for heim joints. Maybe it won't hurt them at all though, could actually help if they didn't have to put orders of only 8 or 16 heims together for us little people...

I don't mind if I order and the send me an email telling me of the wait. I can cancel if I choose. What I hate is taking the order and the money and they don't have in stock. I don't care if it's a one week wait. If they don't have it, they shouldn't be charging for it yet. I can wait a couple weeks to ship, but that's for me to get it, not for them to get it.

ps, this is a chit chat thread.

It seems Fukkin easy to list a part for sale, but impossible to list "out of stock"
Fukkin drop shippers are just as bad!

Unfortunately the days of having things directly in stock for online stores unless it's extremely popular is over. To me if something is being dropped shipped, then it should state so on the site to set the proper expectation.

Been rebuilding a motorcycle motor and OEM parts have been hit or miss. Partzilla took a $150 from me and I had an almost five week wait time for the parts to arrive.

That's pretty normal for them and bike bandit both, even without the pandemic BS.

That's pretty normal for them and bike bandit both, even without the pandemic BS.

Yup, Bike Bandit fawked me on the one and only order I placed with them.

I think it was "spend $X and get free shipping" and the item I really wanted was $10 away from their threshold, so I threw something chintzy in the cart to get me there. Turns out the part I wanted was out of stock, so they shipped me the chintzy part, and charged me shipping on top of it.

Ballistic Fab lists the quantity in stock next to each item on their web site. If they can do it then any business can. :flipoff2:

The whole off road industry is slammed right now. Stimulus checks + people locked in their garages with no where to go buying up all the inventory and wrenching away. Rona regulations slowing down production. Kartek had some air bumps and shock parts on the shelf that everyone else was sold out of for weeks. Need to pick up the phone these days and have someone go physically touch the inventory to make sure they have it.

i just went through this with SD Truck Springs and a Firestone airbag kit for my burb. Said in stock on the website and took my money same day. They even issued an expected delivery date.

That date came and went, so I chatted with a rep on their website and he said the item had been discontinued! Three days later i got my refund.

FFS, who doesn't periodically review the availability status of their product offerings?!?

Top Back Refresh