What's new

Comfortable All Day Masks

I am finally going back to work in a couple of weeks

Suck it up bitch. Everyone else has been wearing the fucking things for over 4 months now.

The disposable ones are the least annoying for me. Stock up on ibuprofen, I get headaches after about 2 hours.

Suck it up bitch. Everyone else has been wearing the fucking things for over 4 months now.

The disposable ones are the least annoying for me. Stock up on ibuprofen, I get headaches after about 2 hours.

Dude, your o2 levels are getting low if you're getting a headache :homer:

:rolleyes: I wouldn't show up and make a stink, just say no thanks when they say a mask is required.

Like I said, I wouldn't be making a stink, just won't be working there. I'm not going to put myself at risk for issues with low blood o2 levels or lung infection because of a made up rule.

Interesting. I have to laugh when I see people wearing them, but whatever.

Yes, I've worn a variety of safety equipment, sometimes all day, sometimes in hot, uncomfortable environments.

X whatever on the fishing masks for comfort.

I wear a Confederate bandana to trigger folks, figured I'd have some fun with it.

So what's the work environment that requires a 3 layers of cotton mask?

​​​​​​

I don't get your point....

No shit, really?:rolleyes:

Why don't you get the monitor and find out? Ibuprofen is like $10 if you buy a big bottle. Seems like $23 for an oxygen sensor is better for the kidneys. The mask could conceivably be irritating you and you could get a headache that way. I seriously doubt you have oxygen deprivation, but there are tools I posted a link to to find out.

Seems like you'd be doing that instead of going to the damaging remediation. Find out the nature of the problem first?

I don't get your point....

You brought up certain work environments requiring a mask. My point is that these "covid masks" are not designed to be worn all day in hot working environments. Most are just home made out of whatever and there is just not enough research yet to prove if they are really helping or even safe to be wearing all day when it's 90*.

A dust mask is usually not worn all day, and a respirator is designed to restrict breathing as little as possible while still doing its job.

I don't know what you mean....

If I am working in a hazardous environment, such as grinding or welding or spraying tear gas on protestors, it is very reasonable to wear a face shield or respirator or mask of some sort. same as if i'm working in a hospital inprocessing sick patients all day.

if i'm in a non-hazardous environment, such as sitting at my desk at the office or in my car or walking in the park or cruising the aisles of the grocery store, it is not very reasonable. 'tis all.

You brought up certain work environments requiring a mask. My point is that these "covid masks" are not designed to be worn all day in hot working environments. Most are just home made out of whatever and there is just not enough research yet to prove if they are really helping or even safe to be wearing all day when it's 90*.

A dust mask is usually not worn all day, and a respirator is designed to restrict breathing as little as possible while still doing its job.

I don't think you're going to be able to sell the opinion that a 3-layer cotton mask is more uncomfortable than a 3M chemical scrubber mask with cannister and face shield, and I've worn those all day in un-A/C factories with machinery in summer. Industrial adhesives and solvents. Wrestling 400lb drums around, splashing around in a 300 gallon vat of pure toluene.

It is my opinion that a 3-layer cotton mask is WAY more comfortable than an industrial respirator. And so are the many alternatives posted in this thread. The masks I've worn, you didn't have an option to change them. Same mask, every day, all day, 10 hours a day.

You have a lot of choice, and can even change what you wear on a daily or hourly basis. I use a bandana and a cheap over-the-ears cotton mask, and change them.

In terms of whether any type of mask hampers water and mucus droplets containing virus particles from entering the lungs, there is absolutely no question that they do, so I'm not going to have that argument. Plus OP didn't want that but now the thread is de-railed. But I don't want to argue whether the sky is blue. The sky is fucking blue, and a 3-layer cotton mask prevents a great percentage of water droplets from entering the lungs, even if it's just sticking to your face or mask on its way around the mask.

If I am working in a hazardous environment, such as grinding or welding or spraying tear gas on protestors, it is very reasonable to wear a face shield or respirator or mask of some sort. same as if i'm working in a hospital inprocessing sick patients all day.

if i'm in a non-hazardous environment, such as sitting at my desk at the office or in my car or walking in the park or cruising the aisles of the grocery store, it is not very reasonable. 'tis all.

I think from a liability standpoint, it is reasonable. When the Malaysian 6 cubicles away opens up his microwaved curry, I can smell that shit instantly. Water droplets containing virus particles can travel very far.

If entities want to err on the side of caution, so be it. Are we all unfamiliar with liability restrictions here? Is this some type of new phenomenon we haven't bitched about constantly since the founding of the other board?

I will put my Reactionary, anti-gov, anti-authority bitching credentials up against anyone on this board. I hope we're not going to have some fantasyland where Everboob is suddenly a Liberal sheeple.

The fact is, Fauci and CDC are dead-on accurate on this. Masks will vastly reduce the rate of transmission of a virus. This is not in any way controversial, at all, in any conceivable universe.

I use the thin sock type, although it likely doesn't block shit. The disposable around the ear ones get caught up in my hearing aids.

I don't think you're going to be able to sell the opinion that a 3-layer cotton mask is more uncomfortable than a 3M chemical scrubber mask with cannister and face shield, and I've worn those all day in un-A/C factories with machinery in summer. Industrial adhesives and solvents. Wrestling 400lb drums around, splashing around in a 300 gallon vat of pure toluene.

It is my opinion that a 3-layer cotton mask is WAY more comfortable than an industrial respirator. And so are the many alternatives posted in this thread. The masks I've worn, you didn't have an option to change them. Same mask, every day, all day, 10 hours a day.

You have a lot of choice, and can even change what you wear on a daily or hourly basis. I use a bandana and a cheap over-the-ears cotton mask, and change them.

In terms of whether any type of mask hampers water and mucus droplets containing virus particles from entering the lungs, there is absolutely no question that they do, so I'm not going to have that argument. Plus OP didn't want that but now the thread is de-railed. But I don't want to argue whether the sky is blue. The sky is fucking blue, and a 3-layer cotton mask prevents a great percentage of water droplets from entering the lungs, even if it's just sticking to your face or mask on its way around the mask.

I wasn't arguing what is more comfortable, what I'm saying is that some of these homemade masks can actually limit breathing more than say.... A mask that is fucking designed to be worn all day? There are already a cases of complications from people wearing this shit all day. It will only get worse from here.

I have worn a bandana for exactly 30 seconds at the dmv because the dmv is already a pain and arguing with those employees is like arguing with a rock. I'd rather people just stay away from me when in public :flipoff2:

​​

Go get your wife's dildo out and lay it on your tongue like a lollipop or popsicle. There, that is the all day comfort your faggot asses was looking for.

Fuck wearing a mask all day. Absolute horse shit.

My work has required masks for a while now. My wife got me a black cheesecloth mask to wear. You cannot see my mouth but holding it up to the light you can see through it. Very light weight and comfortable. Keeps all the "you are gonna kill everyone without a mask!" co workers at bay. https://www.etsy.com/market/cheesecloth_mask

We have a mask policy at work. If I'm in a common area, and management is watching, I have a bandana over my nose and mouth. Most people just leave a surgical mask on their chin and call it good 🤣. For some reason management has no issue with that.

I bought some of those just a couple days ago. They haven't shown up yet. I figured I can use them for some of the dirty/dusty jobs I do on the farm. They had a deal going where you buy one at full price ($20) you get 4 free ones that you can pick the design of and a 5th free one that is a random one they throw in your order. So 6 total for like $26 after shipping and tax. Can't lose your ass too bad on that deal...

I did the same thing a couple of years ago. They work pretty well for the dust and pollen. Washable too.

I use the SA face masks that you see all over social media. They are comfortable enough.

That being said, of the company is realiy requiring you to wear a mask all day or you'll get fired, id start looking for another job. My employer has stated masks are required,bit there is no disciplinary action currently for not wearing one.

My work has required masks for a while now. My wife got me a black cheesecloth mask to wear. You cannot see my mouth but holding it up to the light you can see through it. Very light weight and comfortable. Keeps all the "you are gonna kill everyone without a mask!" co workers at bay. https://www.etsy.com/market/cheesecloth_mask

You know by wearing a black mask you're a BLM supporter :homer:

Top Back Refresh