What's new

Coil over springs rates

Blt2rok

Member Number
I've recently gotten a 3rd gen that is linked in the back. No bed just frame rails. I'm trying to get a starting point for coil spring rates.
It came with 18" remote resivour shocks and only a single 14" #225 spring.
What are some of the springs y'all are running?

You need to weigh that end of the vehicle, then subtract axle/wheel weights to get sprung mass.

It's easy to recommend once weights are known. What spring choices do you have?

You need to weigh that end of the vehicle, then subtract axle/wheel weights to get sprung mass.

It's easy to recommend once weights are known. What spring choices do you have?
Yeah that's the plan. Right now I was trying to get a quick idea before we ride for Thanksgiving then it's getting redone in the back anyway. It has a #225 /#175 and doesn't compress either one. I guess I'm gonna add a tire and some other stuff to get some weight back there for the time being.

225/175 is still 111lb/in. That’s high for my full body LJ. You likely want to be half that.

175/225!? Jeebus, wayy too much spring. 125/150 would be a good starting point.
That's what I figured. When I got the truck he had 16" shocks jammed under the front with a single #225 spring on it and 14" air shocks in back.

any updates?
Not really. I was just trying to get an idea for Thanksgiving and get real numbers when I redo the rear tube work. I ended up with an 18" #225 on the bottom and a 12" #175 on top. It's working but not anything correct for sure. I did end up breaking a rear ring gear and a front dana 44 axle so my weekend is over anyway.

I'll update when I get the real springs in.

Top Back Refresh