What's new

Clutch Linkage mechanical vrs hydraulic on □■ body chevy 3500 truck

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Am reading here this far and will read more as time allows.

Truck is a 85 chevy K30 with BBC SM465 or NV4500

The firewall flex is a possible issue depending on pressure plate clamp strength maybe..

It is setup as hydraulic for the time being and am looking for the last incarnation of mechanical linkage pedals to have, if I go to mechanical linkage setup I might run them with the 2nd (a 1986) □■ body truck and leave the first as it it.

Have heim joints to build some of the mechanical linkage out of
F

1984 iirc is the last year of the mechanical clutch.

The top of my ‘85 firewall is completely rusted in half and flex isn’t bad enough not to disengage the clutch. If you have an issue a few braces around the booster and clutch master you will be gtg.

'84 is the last year, I have a few in the garage if you need one. Not sure shipping to you would be cheaper than finding one local though. They are all setup for figure 8 205s of the same vintage. Have some of those too. I think I have a set of mechanical pedals somewhere. Ask Newb about fitment of the mech. pedals into a hyd. truck.

That said.. Stick with hydraulic and figure out the issue.

:usa:

If memory serves me correctly.. 85-86 were the same 465. 87-91 got an aluminum cover that moved the shifter back.

the hydro pedals have two braces that run from the pedal assembly to the master cyl. if you have firewall flex you got other issues.

we had a manual clutch truck that was rusty enough to lift the dash when you pushed the clutch. still worked great.

If memory serves me correctly.. 85-86 were the same 465. 87-91 got an aluminum cover that moved the shifter back.
Alum tops are only in the gmt400 trucks

The only real issue with swapping different pedal assemblies around is the studs in the pedals/booster bracket and which ones face which dirrection. Bolt pattern are all the same

Top Back Refresh