What's new

Clearing cities - what's the end game?

If they are following Agenda 21 they are supposed to be getting people to move into the cities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenda_21

Fuggin'-A; an action agenda started in 1992 with an endgame of 2021! :lmao:

At least in the U.S.; it sure looks like they aren't anywhere near their goal, IN THE LIBERAL CITIES! :lmao: :lmao:

I'll further say that the state of CA and NY is even going backwards as they attempt at going forward with that agenda! :laughing:

It just blows my mind that some people can walk away from real estate and let their buildings fumble into the ground. You paid good money for that dirt and the buildings on it. Is there honestly nobody that would purchase these properties? Even for a huge loss? Instead of loosing all of it.

maybe it’s my California mindset that doesn’t allow me to fathom something just abandoning property because of how expensive it is here. Even a dirt lot in the worst part of downtown fresno is still worth a chunk of change.

maybe it’s my California mindset that doesn’t allow me to fathom something just abandoning property because of how expensive it is here. Even a dirt lot in the worst part of downtown fresno is still worth a chunk of change.

That's the problem with people from California. No matter where they go, they take their stupid ideologies with them. :flipoff2:

Wow, I see the mass paranoid "everything's a giant conspiracy" disease transferred from PBB to IPP. :laughing::laughing::laughing::flipoff2:

No, conspiracy is when you can't prove the statement, but 'know' something's up. Google earth shows there's entire blocks within the city that have been torn down. No conspiracy, they're gone.

I remember years ago my city was dealing with the problem of inner city. They called it 'doughnut city' back then. The inside dies, the outside lives....looks like a doughnut I guess? In any case, they went through a planning stage to revitalize the downtown area, and have successfully done so, and continue to. There have been a few cases of landlord neglect, and a few houses torn down as a result in the hood, but not many.

edit: In my town, this revitalized part of town is also now the 'yuppy' part of town....at least we know where to barricade off?:laughing:

I think a lot of the problem stems from too much rental in the poor neighborhoods. I have relatives that live in small towns that are nearly completely owned by one person. If you want to rent, you go to him. WAY too much rental in this country, and housing prices so high, some that need to purchase, can't afford it.

Last edited:
That's the problem with people from California. No matter where they go, they take their stupid ideologies with them. :flipoff2:
Any other state should be glad to have my ideologies come with me. :flipoff2:
No, conspiracy is when you can't prove the statement, but 'know' something's up. Google earth shows there's entire blocks within the city that have been torn down. No conspiracy, they're gone.

I remember years ago my city was dealing with the problem of inner city. They called it 'doughnut city' back then. The inside dies, the outside lives....looks like a doughnut I guess? In any case, they went through a planning stage to revitalize the downtown area, and have successfully done so, and continue to. There have been a few cases of landlord neglect, and a few houses torn down as a result in the hood, but not many.

I think a lot of the problem stems from too much rental in the poor neighborhoods. I have relatives that live in small towns that are nearly completely owned by one person. If you want to rent, you go to him. WAY too much rental in this country, and housing prices so high, some that need to purchase, can't afford it.

Fresno was trying to reverse your talking about, but its in more of horseshoe shape, and the south of downtown is all industrial and will also be meh areas. Riverpark was developed and then the attention was turned back south. Problem is too many homeless to have anything nice, parking is ridiculous and costly, your vehicle isnt safe, neither is your business. But sure, lets spend millions of dollars to have vehicular access back on fulton :rolleyes: So people can park in front of run down empty buildings.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

It just blows my mind that some people can walk away from real estate and let their buildings fumble into the ground. You paid good money for that dirt and the buildings on it. Is there honestly nobody that would purchase these properties? Even for a huge loss? Instead of loosing all of it.

Not the case here in the midwest. Theres abandoned shit in just about any city, even "smaller" ones. Lots of land around here for people to just move to. Usually property values have to tank in order for that to happen which happens quite a bit.

Not the case here in the midwest. Theres abandoned shit in just about any city, even "smaller" ones. Lots of land around here for people to just move to. Usually property values have to tank in order for that to happen which happens quite a bit.

I cant even rent a 1200 sq ft shop space or yard on the wrong side of town for less than 3x what some of your mortgages are. :rolleyes:

I cant even rent a 1200 sq ft shop space or yard on the wrong side of town for less than 3x what some of your mortgages are. :rolleyes:

Well our weather does suck here and you cant surf and ski in the same day.

Not being a smartass I think that part of it. This is a desolate inhospitable wasteland.

Spend one year out there and you'll figure out why. Hot and humid summers with miserable cold winters. There might be about a month total per year where it's nice to be outside. The upside is that gardening is easy if you're into that.

Pretty much this. Dont forget bugs everywhere all summer and crazy weather. The only redeeming part from a business stand point is it's in the middle of the country and nicely positioned from a logistics stand point.

In Detroit, the city ends up with a lot of them because at some point the taxes owed are worth more than the value of the house. If you live in Detroit you pay 1.5% income tax. If you work in Detroit you pay 1.5% income tax. Property taxes are high in the city, as are insurance rates due to crime rates. Over half the people living in Detroit are in rentals. When a rental becomes no longer rentable, the landlords just walk away.

If you google street view Detroit, you can see blocks that are nearly empty, like around 7575 Nuernberg St, Detroit, MI. There are patches like that around the city.

In Detroit, the city ends up with a lot of them because at some point the taxes owed are worth more than the value of the house. If you live in Detroit you pay 1.5% income tax. If you work in Detroit you pay 1.5% income tax. Property taxes are high in the city, as are insurance rates due to crime rates. Over half the people living in Detroit are in rentals. When a rental becomes no longer rentable, the landlords just walk away.

If you google street view Detroit, you can see blocks that are nearly empty, like around 7575 Nuernberg St, Detroit, MI. There are patches like that around the city.

yup, old home, used as a rental for the last 40 years has well paid for itself. rent control doesn't do well with ever rising taxes and general inflation. can't raise the rent because the economy won't support it. if you let it go to shit and let the city take it, you can use it as a loss to cover earnings for several years based on made up values. Worthwhile to raze it.

without destruction there can be no growth. Detroit is likely better off today than it was a decade ago in no small part due to that action instead of substantial community reinvestment and welfare to maintain the status quo. it just had to be mostly forced on them by their bad policy actions.

edit: In my town, this revitalized part of town is also now the 'yuppy' part of town....at least we know where to barricade off?:laughing:

WHOOOOOSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The conspiracy is people thinking there's some nefarious plan behind it. Try and keep up.

For the love of god, if anyone thinks this is a conspiracy theory just Google Robert Moses. This has been going on since at least the 1930's.

That still doesn't mean there's some huge conpiracy behind it.

What 'conspiracy'? I never said anything about that. It's not like anyone's expecting to hear 'alien landing sites'. These are democrat run cities. They have been for years. They do things their way. What, they just tear shit down and say screw it with no future plan? Well at least that would say something about it. Some cities work to revitalize their rundown neighborhoods. I'm asking why these places just tear them down. No conspiracy theory, it's called policy, and I have no idea what theirs is. :rolleyes:

You seem to be the one seeing conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Maybe bull dozing run down swaths of shit boxes is part of their revitalization plans:confused:

Top Back Refresh