What's new

Classic car insurance

Screw their web site. Just call them up. Friendliest people on the planet (but with the worst music-on-hold).
As soon as I mentioned off road they said they won’t insure it. So I just play by the rules, obtained a pass rating on an emissions check, and increase my carbon footprint because I can now drive twice as many miles. All because someone in Vegas was but hurt they witnessed a 1993 Ford Explorer driving around too often. it makes me proud to know I’m ruining the atmosphere more every day.

As soon as I mentioned off road they said they won’t insure it. So I just play by the rules, obtained a pass rating on an emissions check, and increase my carbon footprint because I can now drive twice as many miles. All because someone in Vegas was but hurt they witnessed a 1993 Ford Explorer driving around too often. it makes me proud to know I’m ruining the atmosphere more every day.
When did you stop beating your wife?

I'm curious as to why you are having trouble. I've ensured oddball highly modified vehicles with Hagerty and have never had a problem.
It's a scratch built tube buggy.

Some info I gathered from another ins co is that people were insuring and burning sand rails often so they stopped insuring them.

20210401_180642.jpg

I don't see the problem here. Other than the bailing wire on the exhaust.
From a Las Vegas trip a few years ago.

My Grand Wagoneer is insured through Hagerty. I was told if it touches dirt they will not cover. Granted this was several years ago, but they told me they were "exploring" the possibility of creating a policy for offroad vehicles but it was nothing more than a discussion at that time.
You got that in writing ?

I’ve heard that but no one has it in writing
I’ve heard that they won’t even cover it in. A state park campground if the roads are not paved

Plus it’s funny they use in one of their commercials , pickups driving on dirt roads .

I’m finally gonna be able to get classic / collector insurance on my vehicles because I now have a garage

None of the classic car ins cos will write it unless you have a locked garage to park it in .

You guys that mention no off road Might note the current Hagerty magazine has a story of a tank. All pics are off road. Also they have a piece on the new Everglade Bronco. Again, all pics off road. I assume they are insuring them.

You guys that mention no off road Might note the current Hagerty magazine has a story of a tank. All pics are off road. Also they have a piece on the new Everglade Bronco. Again, all pics off road. I assume they are insuring them.
That’s why I asked to see it in writing .

I’ve heard it a lot
Never seen it .

Top Back Refresh