What's new

Cj7 Dana 300 clocking

CJ7Mike

Member Number
Loc
Arizona
So I've been doing a ton of research and still have a few questions. I have a 84 cj7 with the 258 tf99 and Dana 300. It's got a 44 front and 14b rear on 40s.

1. I'm trying to get rid of the stock t case skid and get a Barnes 2" drop one so I need to clock my t case. Does anyone on here sell one or what is a good one to buy? I was thinking nwf but I'm open to options.

2. I currently have a shackle reversal and I had a custom shaft made that is 1 5/8 near the trans. Will clocking the t case cause interference with the trans and is it necessary to get a new driveshaft?

3. Am I missing anything else besides clocking ring and maybe a speedi sleeve to clock it? I'm assuming I'll have to bend the shifter and either cut the floor or at least beat it in. I'm fine with either.

Thanks in advance!

I run a 1" thick ring and a 1" longer input on my D300. Got the input from Novak.

I haven't heard of much success with thin 5/16"ish steel rings - not enough material and they seem to flex in the long run.

I've been happy with everything I've ever ordered from Novak.

You might call and see what they recommend for input shafts / retainers.

I run a 1" thick ring and a 1" longer input on my D300. Got the input from Novak.

I haven't heard of much success with thin 5/16"ish steel rings - not enough material and they seem to flex in the long run.

I've been happy with everything I've ever ordered from Novak.

You might call and see what they recommend for input shafts / retainers.
Right on thanks for the info!

Novak was how I did mine too, it worked great and never had a problem with it.

Top Back Refresh