Chile Challenge 2022

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
'84 Bronco II added a new event:

Chile Challenge

Registration is currently open for the 31st annual Chile Challenge hosted by the Las Cruces Four Wheel Drive Club!

Visit https://chilechallenge.org/ for information and to register for the event. Volunteers get free/discounted registration and swag depending on the role and days you work, contact [email protected] for opportunities.

This is an awesome event that is geared towards hardcore canyon rock crawling, but they have organized runs for every...

Read more about this event...

Anyone going to this? Its been on my want list for 20 years.

Anyone going to this? Its been on my want list for 20 years.

Do it! It is a great laid-back event. I am usually leading/tail-gunning trails, but unfortunately I have a dumbass friend that scheduled their wedding during Chile Challenge this year :homer: :laughing: It is going to be the first one I've missed in 10 years...

I know Briansc33 and Felsenbeisser will be there, but I don't know of anyone else who is on the board that's going. Sceep used to go all the time, but he just rides bikes these days. Maybe you could convince willis_racing or 90supra to join you since they've never been down there despite living in-state. They have been hovering close to the 200 vehicle mark the last few years, so it is a good-sized event, but not like the glory days when they were capping attendance in Las Cruces in the mid-2000s.

If you have any questions about trails or where to camp, let me know. Planning on taking the Jeep and/or the buggy?

Got offered a RV camp spot at the riverside campground from a buddy who has a cancelation in his group. Its a 12 hour drive from here and falls dead nuts between trail hero and desert splash events, both of which i attend. 3 week long wheeling trips in 5 weeks is a hard sell to wife and kids 🙃

I forgot to add, they recently announced a shoot out up the final waterfall on Burnt Out a la the Backdoor Shootout at KOH with a cash prize.

Burnt Out Shootout

Of course its the one weekend in october I have a race :homer: I do really need to get down there one of these years though. You should buy a goose long enough to haul both of our rigs :flipoff2:

Have you seen the price of goosenecks these days :flipoff2: I definitely want a 26-30' goose in the next year or two though.

Got offered a RV camp spot at the riverside campground from a buddy who has a cancelation in his group. Its a 12 hour drive from here and falls dead nuts between trail hero and desert splash events, both of which i attend. 3 week long wheeling trips in 5 weeks is a hard sell to wife and kids 🙃

Bring them with you to Chile Challenge, it's family friendly. They do piñatas and stuff for the kids at camp every night. It is the one multi-day wheeling trip my wife actually joins me on.

It does suck that Rich scheduled Trail Hero so close to Chile Challenge after they moved it to October to deconflict it with King of the Hammers :homer:

Kids have school and football. I will probably go. Just have to massage the work schedule a bit.

Its a tough sell on time for me. Have been hunting since September 1 and need to make some repairs to the 4Runner still. I'll try and spread the word around up here though. Might be able to convince some folks to go down.

Yeah, we'll be there, always a great time!
We'll be running some of the more oddball trails.

Top Back Refresh