What's new

childrens safety things

A_G

Semi-Controlled rage
Member Number
Loc
Tahlequah, OK
My nephews are supposed to "help" on my restoration on my 67.

Do they make children's overalls like the mechanic style

children's mechanic gloves

children's over glass safety goggles

any suggestions they are 6 and 9

Kids overalls are easy to find, kids coveralls that aren't insulated I haven't found so far. I usually just have my kid (5) wear my nitrile gloves, he seems to do okay in them, they're obviously way big but they keep oil/grease off his hands.

Kids overalls are easy to find, kids coveralls that aren't insulated I haven't found so far. I usually just have my kid (5) wear my nitrile gloves, he seems to do okay in them, they're obviously way big but they keep oil/grease off his hands.

i thought about that too, but its old and rusty and i was thinking against cuts with rusted material

Any gun store will have kids safety glasses and ear pro.

My kids don't have mechanics gloves, but they do have some "tough" gardening gloves with pads on the fingers and rubber on the palms.

In for this. I've asked leather guys if they'll make welding gloves for my boys. No luck. Leather jackets can be had. My cheapo auto dark helmets will crank down to fit their heads. Could seriously use some gloves to fit them so they can help out.

The only work gloves I’ve really found for my kids are the rubber palm dipped garden type, haven’t found leather gloves that small. Couldn’t find good coveralls either so we just use Carhartt duck canvas bib overalls

I've been there, my youngest is now 8

Amazon "z87 safety glasses children's" $2 or less in bulk

women's welding gloves

I do need to find decent kids work gloves without the $20 novelty tax

then all the rules, all the time. Last night we watched a video on changing a serpentine belt, my 11yo called the guy out for no safety glasses

strap your toolboxes to the wall and teach one drawer at a time, then listen to them call you out:laughing:

it's great tho, my 15yo daughter changed an idler pulley, serp belt, tightened up a trans pan, and dismounted and mounted tires today. It took forever, but she did a great job. And maybe focuses on school more....

Look around for women's small/ ex small mechanix gloves. My GF gets them issued to her at work and she's got pretty damn small hands, like I can get half a finger in her gloves small. I'm pretty sure they come from Acklands iirc.

i thought about that too, but its old and rusty and i was thinking against cuts with rusted material

That right there is a learning opportunity, both for them and their immune systems*

I was once at a beach with my family and friends. My 2 year old son was playing by putting his fingers in empty beer cans. A "Karen" started with the "don't let him play with that" stuff. I asked why not? He's not going to cut his fucking finger off with a beer can. He might cut himself, but then he's gonna know why the rest of us aren't doing that.

The above story made me think back to my highschool years. The shop teacher would be on us like a fawking hawk when we were around the wood tools, but didn't really watch us around the cutting torches and welding gear. I asked why, and he told me that with the welding stuff we might burn ourselves, but the woodworking stuff would amputate.

Made sense to me.

*Note: I fully, fully agree with safety glasses all-the-fucking-time. Like amputating fingers on the table saw, if you get the wrong thing shot in your eye you're gonna lose it.

Fuck Alibaba, that's doubly supporting communist China. Check Amazon (I know) you can get a 12 pack of safety glasses for a little over a buck a piece. A buddy picked up a 12 pack for $40 that were wrap around clear glasses with a lanyard. I don't recall the brand.

Agreed on the women's small/XS gloves, and fuck Alibabababababa again, for GP. :flipoff2:

OP, what do you plan on having them help with? I'd suggest ear pro if you're doing anything loud. Maybe have them help you cut or grind something? They'll tire out soon, but will never forget heplping their uncle work on a project.

I've been there, my youngest is now 8

Amazon "z87 safety glasses children's" $2 or less in bulk

women's welding gloves

I do need to find decent kids work gloves without the $20 novelty tax

then all the rules, all the time. Last night we watched a video on changing a serpentine belt, my 11yo called the guy out for no safety glasses

strap your toolboxes to the wall and teach one drawer at a time, then listen to them call you out:laughing:

it's great tho, my 15yo daughter changed an idler pulley, serp belt, tightened up a trans pan, and dismounted and mounted tires today. It took forever, but she did a great job. And maybe focuses on school more....
My tool box is mounted to a truck. so you can do that and not hurt anything.

but i noticed the novelty tax thats why i asked LOL. both the boys are interested in cars. My sister had been showing them what i had been doing and they seemed real excited so i offered for them to be there next time i do anything and help if they want to.

That right there is a learning opportunity, both for them and their immune systems*

I was once at a beach with my family and friends. My 2 year old son was playing by putting his fingers in empty beer cans. A "Karen" started with the "don't let him play with that" stuff. I asked why not? He's not going to cut his fucking finger off with a beer can. He might cut himself, but then he's gonna know why the rest of us aren't doing that.

The above story made me think back to my highschool years. The shop teacher would be on us like a fawking hawk when we were around the wood tools, but didn't really watch us around the cutting torches and welding gear. I asked why, and he told me that with the welding stuff we might burn ourselves, but the woodworking stuff would amputate.

Made sense to me.

*Note: I fully, fully agree with safety glasses all-the-fucking-time. Like amputating fingers on the table saw, if you get the wrong thing shot in your eye you're gonna lose it.

My sister is a karen. I did ask her today what she would be OK with them helping me to do. She said that she trusted my judgement:lmao:.

So we are gonna pull front clip on both trucks and engine out of one..maybe both if i have time. Pull the interior on one.

The younger one is a glasses wearer like me and ive just abused my glasses and then used a shield. I have RX safety glasses now so im going to see if i can find some goggles for him or a childs safety shield.

Might get them a mask..LOL i know right?

Lots of rat shit...

Kids face shield and ear plugs? Why not? Be the coolest uncle you can be.

I've found that I can hardly get my kids to wear ear plugs, but muffs are an easy sell

FWIW, I'd bet they'd love tearing the front clip off, but anything tedious and their attention span drops off pretty quick:laughing:

I've found that I can hardly get my kids to wear ear plugs, but muffs are an easy sell

FWIW, I'd bet they'd love tearing the front clip off, but anything tedious and their attention span drops off pretty quick:laughing:

ya thats what i thought. Ive got one blown engine to definitely go through so i can shit can what i dont need to store and one that i will most likely be using that needs a refresh. I figured they might like to help me take it apart. Im not sure

Made sense to me.

Tough for some people (understandably) to let kids get hurt or do "dangerous" things. Depends on the kid though, I ran all over my dad's shop at 3-4 years old while he did heavy fab work and other than one time when I got burned pretty good I don't remember ever getting hurt because I listened and stayed well out of the way. My kid... not exactly gifted with the same sense of self preservation, all the drive in the world to help but getting him to slow down and think about what he's doing or recognize danger has been a little tough. So far other than high-diving off the garage stairs and dropping a trailer hitch on his foot he's been fine in the shop.

OP, what do you plan on having them help with? I'd suggest ear pro if you're doing anything loud. Maybe have them help you cut or grind something? They'll tire out soon, but will never forget heplping their uncle work on a project.

I just noticed your question.

Pull the front clip on both the trucks, rip the interior out of the 67, take the steering box and column off the 68. I think thats a good day right there. Worse case if they get tired they can watch me do the rest and be a little involed or nothing. My dad will also be helping keep them safe and help with the project. I did plan on later on when it came to seal the frame (por or steel it) i would knock the frame down and let them go to town painting with the propper ppe. I know it may seem im trying to bubble wrap them but they are still developing and i dont want to cause like lung damage or some shit

We will see on power tools, it depends on how they act and respond to what i have to say

So im waiting for the first freeze, make the snakes fuck off and ticks to fuck off too.

Top Back Refresh