What's new

Cheapest TC style PS Pump

I used one on my Sami from a yj, picked it up at O’reilly

The cheapest factory tc pump with external reservoir I found was a 1989 s10 4 cylinder.

Ok found a YJ Pump on rockauto. Its definitely cheaper than psc or any camero pump I've found. I would just get the bracket and check at local Autozone before ordering online and saving some money. Thanks everyone, feels like the old pirate on here

Why? I've used both. They're similar except the TC isn't an oily bitch. I prefer the TC.

just cuz' they are smaller is all :rasta: he was concerned about volume in the other thread, so no reason to short change it by going with the small cheap pump

Yeah the TC pump would only run the hydroboost and the P pump would be for steering and cylinder assist is all. If the P pump can't handle everything this is the route I would go in a year when the truck is going to actually be done.

Cheapest pump, caliper, muffler, whatever is going to change day to day. Whatever rockauto has on closeout for pennies on the dollar will likely be your best bet.

Yeah and I have bought calipers on rock auto with the core charge and turned in whatever calipers I had that didn't work anymore or weren't what i needed before.

I found one, which looks like is a TC pump on rockauto for under $30 (without core charge). part search; manufacturer - Lares, part group - steering, part type - power steering pump

Awesome just ordered one as well and added to some other parts I needed. Will be here Thursday for me to see what it is. Thanks

Last edited:
I just ordered two mystery PS pumps on RockAuto. I will win this thread if they actually show up and are TC style ps pumps. Cost: $0.00 for two!:flipoff2:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ac...ring+pump,7380

For something with 7300lb gvwr and 22" rims. Yukon Denali or something similar? Major score if they work out...

Screw it, I ordered 2. $14 shipping but hey, $7each lol

GM lists that part # as a pin for an accelerator pedal or something

Last edited:
For something with 7300lb gvwr and 22" rims. Yukon Denali or something similar? Major score if they work out...

Screw it, I ordered 2. $14 shipping but hey, $7each lol

GM lists that part # as a pin for an accelerator pedal or something

Sucker, I only paid $10.99 for shipping. :flipoff2:

I'm intrigued but Rock Auto won't even ship to CO any more because state law says online retailers need to collect sales tax for each municipality :(

Looks like rock auto fixed their mistake. Link is shut down and it was for an accelerator pedal not a power steering pump...

Yeah that part # was for accelerator pedal pin but description says ps pump so ordered one and paid 9.99 for shipping total with other stuff from them too and received tracking alteady

Looks like rock auto fixed their mistake. Link is shut down and it was for an accelerator pedal not a power steering pump...

More likely it's just out of stock and it wasn't a mistake. They let prices sink to just about nothing when they're trying to clear out old inventory.

What probably happened here is that their system kept dropping the price to get rid of it but because the part number isn't correct (or something else in the DB is screwed up) it's not listed for any applications so nobody bought the dozen of them that they had (i.e. one shipment was entered under an incorrect part number when it was checked into a warehouse) until we came along.

All the ACDelco reman power steering pump have a part number that begins with 36P

36P0768 is a power steering pump for a Porche so that may be what it is.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 2.12.31 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	532.7 KB ID:	317218

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh