What's new

Cheap Plasma Cutters Thread

Grabbed a amco cut 50 off amazon, for how cheap it was it's done everthing I have needed to do just fine. I haven't pushed it to its max yet just 3/8s.

A few weeks in it started acting up. Called them that day and they had a shipping label ready for me at ups. Less than a week I had a new one at my door.

Well mine let the smoke out the other day :laughing:​​​​​​ smoke and small flame came out of the vents.

​​​​​​Made it 11 months, with a fair amount of use.

I emailed the company and they responded super fast asking for my invoice and then sent me a shipping label. They haven't said they're going to replace it yet, but it sounds like they are. 🤞Still need to drop it off at ups.

Will keep this updated

I half ass thought about grabbing a HF plaz for the mean time. I looked them up and a 45a is $900? Looks nicer than the pos I have, but that's getting into "good" brand money.

Dropped the plaz off Saturday and they said it would go out Monday morning, got an email a bit ago with a tracking number for my replacement machine :grinpimp:​​​​​​

We'll see how long this one lasts.

Briefly looked at the HF plaz today and it *looks* nice. I like the idea of having a store front to deal with issues instead of shipping, but I'll just rock the lotus for now.

Man, those Lotos ones look really good for the price. Maybe I should treat myself for my birthday...gonna need a new compressor too :grinpimp:

I'm sure I'll revisit this in a few months but it would be very helpful to have one for odds and ends and the SAS I am collecting parts for. Could probably even warrant it by paying for it doing cab mount chops on newer Tacomas and 4runners. Those suck to do with grinders only.

Well plaz is already out for delivery :confused:

I guess as soon as they got the tracking that it was picked up, they shipped out a new machine. They're only 4-5 hours away, so it's next day.

As soon as it gets here I'm going to be using it to try and cut a melted aluminum beadlock off my axle. We'll see how that goes :laughing:

The ultimate cheap metal cutter for all the thickness :flipoff2:

The only thing keeping me from buying a plasma is "control". I used a gas torch for many many years as a fitter and can honestly say I'm pretty good with one. The ability to feather it to wash off metal is awesome.

Is there any plasma cutter out there that gives you that ability? That's an honest question.

I'm not talking about just turning down the air pressure going to the gun, I'm talking about having control of it through the trigger.

I'm not talking about just turning down the air pressure going to the gun, I'm talking about having control of it through the trigger.

I haven't seen one that gives you amp control similar to the way tig works with remote amp control. they might exist and could probably be fabbed up, but yeah, for what it would achieve oxy/fuel beats the hell out of it

The only thing keeping me from buying a plasma is "control". I used a gas torch for many many years as a fitter and can honestly say I'm pretty good with one. The ability to feather it to wash off metal is awesome.

Is there any plasma cutter out there that gives you that ability? That's an honest question.

It's been a long time, but in hs shop class I swear we had scarfing tips for the plaz. I've never looked into them since.

I do occasionally miss my torch also. Plaz is nice for most things though.

I haven't seen one that gives you amp control similar to the way tig works with remote amp control. they might exist and could probably be fabbed up, but yeah, for what it would achieve oxy/fuel beats the hell out of it

I don't think you'd need amperage control, just control over the flow of air coming out the tip. As long as the amperage was enough to get the metal to a slightly liquid state, with control of the air flow, you could wash like with oxy/acc.

It could very well be that that just isn't how the plasma process works.

They make gouging nozzles for that type of stuff, but cutting for example a nut off without damaging threads or removing something without cutting what's under it you won't beat a torch.

They make gouging nozzles for that type of stuff, but cutting for example a nut off without damaging threads or removing something without cutting what's under it you won't beat a torch.

It's that control I'm wanting in a plasma. Maybe in the future it will be there.

It seems every time I think about this, is when I'm about to run out of O2 for the torch.:grinpimp:

Cyberweld has a sale right now on the Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52. $1,265 shipped for me. I was looking at Harbor Freight and thinking about just waiting for a used hypertherm and then this deal came along. Seems like decent power for the price of the unit.

Cyberweld has a sale right now on the Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52. $1,265 shipped for me. I was looking at Harbor Freight and thinking about just waiting for a used hypertherm and then this deal came along. Seems like decent power for the price of the unit.

Did you read the thread title?

Cause I'm pretty sure it doesn't say "good plasma cutters for reasonable prices" :flipoff2:

Were talking $300-500 shit here :laughing:

I bought this bad boy about 6 months ago. So far so good, not a heavy user or super proficient but for $ 200 to the door hard to beat. Probably only used it once a week or so but has cut through 1/2 plate.

Screenshot_20200805-000546_eBay.jpg

Neverlast
Russian company importing Chinese shit.

So youre a fan? :laughing: I have been considering buying their 255 EXT Tig welder. It gets great reviews and doesnt have much competition at the price point.

So youre a fan? :laughing: I have been considering buying their 255 EXT Tig welder. It gets great reviews and doesnt have much competition at the price point.

Nah, my Asperger's was flaring up again.
I absolutely cannot stand how Neverlast buys up forum space, shouts down dissenters and floods You Tube with units to unbox. They build their reputation thru shenanigans.

The thread title says cheap. You will get cheap w/ Neverlast.

neverlast.jpg

My buddy bought the cheap-o amazon "Zeny CUT50". Its on amazon right now for $189. I borrowed it for a couple weeks and it actually works ok. Torch is a weird funky plastic thing with a tiny button to operate it. The consumables are not very durable and do not last long, after about 2 ft they start cutting sideways so you use a lot of them, not sure if additional parts can be had. The air hose leaks, messed with connections to no avail, i turned up air regulator to compensate for the leaks. I dont know what the duty cycle is but I have not hit it yet.

But with brand new tips and a good tight connection, it makes a clean cut on 1/4". It will do 3/8" but just barely

photo23169.jpg

Bought a longevity forcecut 40D off of PBB around 2012. Was around $600. Used it once in awhile till this winter and it bricked, customer service told me that it would be cheaper to replace with another one than to send it in for repair and gave me a quote. I sold it to a guy on marketplace for $100 (I was happy) and bought a hypertherm from the LWS. HTH.

Grabbed a amco cut 50 off amazon, for how cheap it was it's done everthing I have needed to do just fine. I haven't pushed it to its max yet just 3/8s.

A few weeks in it started acting up. Called them that day and they had a shipping label ready for me at ups. Less than a week I had a new one at my door.

Well mine let the smoke out the other day :laughing: smoke and small flame came out of the vents.

Made it 11 months, with a fair amount of use.

I emailed the company and they responded super fast asking for my invoice and then sent me a shipping label. They haven't said they're going to replace it yet, but it sounds like they are. 🤞Still need to drop it off at ups.

Will keep this updated

I half ass thought about grabbing a HF plaz for the mean time. I looked them up and a 45a is $900? Looks nicer than the pos I have, but that's getting into "good" brand money.

I realize this is an old thread but I am looking to pick up a cheap plasma cutter.

You guys using the Lotos or the Amico brands, how are they holding up? It sounds like you had good customer sevice as you both had failures.

Home depot has both brands in a 50amp non-touch pilot arc model, both about $400 and you can get the 2 extra years of warranty for $55 and $75, the amico being cheaper. Free shipping delivered to my door and 90 return policy where I can just drive to my local home depot and return for a full refund. The Amico consumables are a little cheaper.

Seems like a pretty good gamble.

My amco is still running strong. I definitely recommend running there consumables. Tried a little cheaper off brand and installing could tell the difference.

"Fixed"

Last edited:
Am I the only one still running the Parker plasma from the PBB scratch and dent sale like 12 or so years ago? :laughing:

I personally have a longevity plasma forcecut 60i I got off the old sight back in 2012 and it has been working good. A friend also got this one and it's still working awesome 6 years later.

I'd sell my pm45 for 750, but it's got a machine torch. Only replaced because I bought a pm85. I think I'd rather have a used quality unit over a China cutter. One of my first plasma cutters was a cheap one that sat under the bench because oxy acetylene was better.

Is that offer still on the table?

I recently purchased an off brand plasma cutter. It’s a PrimeWeld. You can call these guys and they actually answer the phone. Shipped from NJ to CA in 5 days in awesome packaging, great instructions, machine is sexy AF and cuts 1/2” no prob.
Check ‘em out

Cheers,
Joe V

Attachments

• 065C8E86-C6E8-4235-821D-D82FEEA20607.jpeg
    065C8E86-C6E8-4235-821D-D82FEEA20607.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 16
I realize this is an old thread but I am looking to pick up a cheap plasma cutter.

You guys using the Lotos or the Amico brands, how are they holding up? It sounds like you had good customer sevice as you both had failures.

Home depot has both brands in a 50amp non-touch pilot arc model, both about $400 and you can get the 2 extra years of warranty for $55 and $75, the amico being cheaper. Free shipping delivered to my door and 90 return policy where I can just drive to my local home depot and return for a full refund. The Amico consumables are a little cheaper.

Seems like a pretty good gamble.
I have the lotos 50A, had it for 2 years now. I've cut lots of plate with it, no issues. I bought like a 60 pk of consumables off ebay, but they last decently long.

Top Back Refresh