What's new

Cheap ass joncutter saws?

you almost got me to hit buy, but i just bought a new Husky Rancher and should spend the $$ on a couple spare chains / bar

i may pick up the Ryobi 40v instead of the tiny gas saw. Don't think this one will cut well though as it sits, ebay listing :homer:
1635796986116.png

Last edited:
I almost bought the Ryobi 18 volt one during the last sale but figured it'd disappoint me. I don't have any 40v stuff yet and really don't want to invest in yet another battery ecosystem.

I did run a tank of gas through the little 10" saw this afternoon. Trimmed a bunch of limbs around the edge of my maintained lawn area. I have a bunch of black walnut trees that I'm leaving in place until I can procur a saw mill. Plan is to trim off all the limbs for at least the bottom 20' to hopefully keep them growing straight and maybe put more energy in to growing taller and fatter. And just generally keep all the trees out of my face when I mow and bush hog. Eventually I plan to run through the acre or so of pine trees I have and start trimming all the dead limbs within reach so it's a little more accessible. This thing will be perfect for that.

Overall I'm liking it. Starts right up and ran great the whole time. Definitely doesn't have much power compared to any of my bigger saws and you need to make sure it's rev'd up pretty good before making contact or it'll just slip the clutch, but that's to bee expected. Pretty sweet being able to just hold it up one handed to trim higher limbs.

Gonna have to get a climbing rig or con one of my buddies to drive me around in the tractor bucket so I can reach some higher stuff. :laughing:

huh mine's clutch ain't weak, maybe try hitting it with some brake cleaner to get the chinese sewer grease outta the clutch region
might need to wear in or something

huh mine's clutch ain't weak, maybe try hitting it with some brake cleaner to get the chinese sewer grease outta the clutch region
might need to wear in or something
Ya know, the other thing I noticed, like my other import saws, it left I nice little puddle of chain lube on the shop floor after I ran it for a few minutes when I unboxed it. Probably need to take a look and see if the clutch already got lubed up by that.

Pretty sure they just use a piece of foam as a wick to pull the lube out of the reservoir and drop it on the bar - whether it's running or not.

Pretty much all of them sleep on a piece of pig mat when they're stored in the corner of the shop. :laughing:

well, I bought the Ryobi pictured above. I'm guessing someone bought it, put the chain on wrong, it didn't cut, and returned it.

would love the 1-handed ability of the tiny one you guys are talking, but it's another damn small engine to maintain. And my smaller Husky didn't start again yesterday for an unknown reason so I'm annoyed with small engines at the moment:emb: Maybe this winter I'll get the vintage Homelite 1-hander running decent

Ya know, the other thing I noticed, like my other import saws, it left I nice little puddle of chain lube on the shop floor after I ran it for a few minutes when I unboxed it. Probably need to take a look and see if the clutch already got lubed up by that.

Pretty sure they just use a piece of foam as a wick to pull the lube out of the reservoir and drop it on the bar - whether it's running or not.

Pretty much all of them sleep on a piece of pig mat when they're stored in the corner of the shop. :laughing:
nope it's got an actual pump, powered by the clutch bell no less
mine came with a spare drive gear for it in the little tool bag

pig mats are a waste of money, just use a baking sheet

nope it's got an actual pump, powered by the clutch bell no less
mine came with a spare drive gear for it in the little tool bag

pig mats are a waste of money, just use a baking sheet
Not if you borrow the pig mats from work. :flipoff2:

Not if you borrow the pig mats from work. :flipoff2:
still gotta change them out, and the polypropylene or whatever they make them outta really burns fast (or maybe its the oil in them), meaning unless you want your garage flue to look like a tractor puller you gotta cut them up small before tossing them in

why would the oil tank make pressure?
I could see the fuel tank making pressure from getting hot but oil tank would have a vacuum in it if anything from the pump removing the oil

Top Back Refresh