What's new

CHAZ V2.0 but Portland

Pat McRotch

UHURU 👌
Member Number
https://www.kptv.com/news/ppb-multn...b-11eb-b42f-e37b0daf4126.html?block_id=994431

PPB, Multnomah Co. deputies remove people accused of trespassing at N. Portland home for 3 months

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - The Portland Police Bureau says it helped return a private property back to the rightful owners Tuesday morning.

At around 5 a.m., officers, along with Multnomah County Sheriff's Office deputies, removed people accused of trespassing in a home and on private property in the 4400 block of North Mississippi Avenue.

The sheriff's office said the Multnomah County Circuit Court issued a "writ of execution" for an eviction at the home in February of this year, which was prior to state and federal emergency moratoriums.

On Sept. 9, deputies served the court order to people living at the home. The sheriff's office said the occupants were given "time to gather their possessions and offered housing and shelter options and other additional resources."

FOX 12 spoke to a woman who says her husband's family has owned the home since the 1950s.

"They didn't have any right to foreclose on my home. We own it, we still do. They took it by fraud," said Julie Metcalf Kinney.

Kenney says her family should never have faced foreclosure and eviction. She says she's been fighting that foreclosure for more than two years.

"We made a stand because they actually stole our house through fraud and deceit through the big banks," Kinney said.

After the eviction, the "Red House" protest began.

According to the sheriff's office, people converged on the property by "trespassing on the home's front and backyards, and camping on adjacent privately owned and city-owned properties."

The encampment was in large part a protest against gentrification in what was once a predominantly Black neighborhood.

"This is systemic oppression. This is gentrification at real time," said Coya Crespin with Community Alliance of Tenants.

Police learned the home was broken into and that people were entering and exiting despite the judge's order.

The sheriff's office said Portland police call log data shows, from Sept. 1 to Nov. 30, at least 81 calls for service were placed for issues related to the home and immediate area. Calls for service included "fights, disturbances, shots fired, burglary, thefts, vandalism, noise violations, trespassing, threats, including by armed individuals, and for illegally blocking traffic, sidewalks and access to homes," according to the sheriff's office.

According to police, they worked with the property owners before removing the trespassers.

Police said when they arrived to the scene Tuesday, they encountered one person armed with a firearm. That person was taken into custody.

Police said firearms were recovered from the property.

The sheriff's office and police are asking neighbors to continue reported any criminal activity associated with the properties in the future.

FOX 12 spoke to a woman who says her husband's family has owned the home since the 1950s.

"They didn't have any right to foreclose on my home. We own it, we still do. They took it by fraud," said Julie Metcalf Kinney.

i don't get it, i just don't. 70 years? ya'll been re-fi'ing that bitch for 70 years?

It's literally the antifa house, I drive by it all the time. Bunch of tents in the yard, garbage everywhere, "spotters" walking around with rifles and radios ect.. That part of Portland is becoming nicer, these fucks run 2 blocks up the street, break windows and light fires.

Portland police aint doing shit about it and is the laughing stock of America.

I'm curious on how this will play out. Hopefully the N.G. will come wipe em but I doubt it. There may be something in the works on our patriot end.

Who's got a killdozer I can rent?

:lmao:

AntiFash

”Deck the Heils”
Gordon
@AntiFashGordon
· 10h
I fucking love you people. You helped the Kinney family raise the $250,000 the Kinney family needs to stay in the Red House in Portland. God only knows what fees the banks and that flipper have up their sleeves, so it’s not Mission Accomplished yet, but this feels good.

twitter.com/antifashgordon…
250k raised to "keep the red house"

now, about those several layers of street level blockades....

Always Antifascist (@RoseCityAntifa) / Twitter

Generational bail money:lmao:

Yup.

"Members of the Kinney family took out a mortgage on the home to pay legal bills after their son, who goes by the name William X Nietzche, was arrested in 2002 for a hit-and-run collision."

"In the Kinneys’ case, the family owed $112,338 at the time of their foreclosure. The property sold in November 2018 for $260,000, and is now valued at around $450,000."

Hit and run in 2002, but they still owed $112k in 2017?

Last edited:
Antifa has threatened the property owner, Roman Ozeruga. I believe the main reason he's selling back.

From the article:
“I myself am a father of little kids,” he said. “I don’t have a publicity team or even a lawyer for this. I’m concerned for safety to be honest.”

You know you suck at life when you think a first generation immigrant who's been creating a business since they were a teenager is your oppressor.

Reactions: DMG
You know you suck at life when you think a first generation immigrant who's been creating a business since they were a teenager is your oppressor.

america is built around oppression, and of course it is immigrants who are the oppressors :flipoff2:

Well, well, well.. This Kinney family is becoming a bigger POS than I already thought.

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/12/...kinney-family/

Daughter was sold the house for $20K in 1995, and fucked off that opportunity / responsibility :mad3:

Family at center of ‘Red House’ protests owns second Portland home

By Jonathan Levinson (OPB) and Sergio Olmos (OPB)
Dec. 11, 2020 11 a.m. Updated: Dec. 11, 2020 1:04 p.m.Protest enters fourth day as Kinney family raises $280,000 to buy back home

As a protest over the eviction of a North Portland family enters its fourth day, OPB has learned the Kinney family owns a second home in the city.

The second home — located in Northeast Portland less than 2 miles from the house where protesters are camping — has been owned by the family since 1966, according to property records. OPB visited the home Friday morning and confirmed the family is currently living there.

The Kinneys’ son, Michael, answered the door at the second home and confirmed the family owned it, but he declined to answer questions, saying OPB would need to schedule an interview.
7X5PZQYN35HKDNOTZERCFKB4ZM.jpg
The Kinney family has been staying in their second home in Northeast Portland during a months long fight to stop the foreclosure on their North Mississippi Avenue home.

Jonathan Levinson

Property records show the home is owned by Pauline Kinney, who alongside her husband William TR Kinney, purchased both properties in the 50s and 60s. Pauline Kinney sold the red house to her daughter, Julie Kinney, in 1995 for $20,000. Julie Kinney’s sons have helped lead the legal fight and protest to keep the red house in Kinney family ownership.

The revelation adds another layer of complication to an already tense situation, which has seen protesters erecting reinforced street blockades around a home formerly owned by the Kinneys. The family and protesters supporting them have called for the so-called “Red House on Mississippi” to return to Kinney ownership.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR:
Become a Sponsor
That appeared more likely Thursday evening, as KGW first reported the developer who bought the red house was willing to sell the home back to the Kinneys at cost. A judge ordered the Kinneys evicted from the home in September after a yearslong court battle over the foreclosure.

As of Friday morning, a GoFundMe campaign had raised more than $280,000 for the Kinneys to buy back the red house. The amount appeared to be enough to buy back the home under a proposed, though not yet finalized deal.
SGZLVKX6YNBMBJW4QFAL7OYK7A.JPG
A quiet morning, Dec. 10, 2020, at the red house on North Mississippi in Portland, where protesters have been camped out at the home of the Kinneys, a Black and Indigenous family that has lived there for over six decades and is facing eviction. North Mississippi is blocked in both directions.

Kristyna Wentz-Graff / OPB

Baruch Avrahamovich, who works as business community relations representative for the Slavic Community Center of Northwest, told OPB he spoke to the developer who owns the red house property.

“The new buyers just happened to be from the Slavic community,” Avrahamovich said. “Some of our spiritual leaders of our community are willing to organize a fundraiser … whatever (the Kinneys are) not going to reach, our community will put up.”

Avrahamovich said the developer was willing to sell the property for $260,000, plus $20,000 in property taxes that person has paid. OPB has not been able to reach the developer directly to discuss terms of the deal.

“When I talk to the spiritual leaders in our community, they all agree that we have to step in somehow financially,” Avarhamovich said. “The owners are not asking for a lot of money; they just want their money back, so it’s not a big deal to help.”

Whether the revelation of the Kinneys’ second home affects the deal or the position of protesters around the red house remains to be seen.

Shitbags. Irresponsible POS shitbags.

I am now firmly in the "everyone other than the real estate guy can get fucked" camp

I always was in the everyone but the new owner can get fucked camp :laughing:. Fuck all of them. If they wouldnt leave, the Realestate guy should have been suing them for damages (if he could legaly do that). It is ridiculous that its over 2 years shince he bought it and the fuckers still had not been turfed out into the street.

I always was in the everyone but the new owner can get fucked camp :laughing:. Fuck all of them. If they wouldnt leave, the Realestate guy should have been suing them for damages (if he could legaly do that). It is ridiculous that its over 2 years since he bought it and the fuckers still had not been turfed out into the street.

Hell, the explosion from a gas leak that should've occurred . . . <looks up> about 23 months ago would've launched 'em at least to the street :laughing:

I always was in the everyone but the new owner can get fucked camp :laughing:. Fuck all of them. If they wouldnt leave, the Realestate guy should have been suing them for damages (if he could legaly do that). It is ridiculous that its over 2 years shince he bought it and the fuckers still had not been turfed out into the street.

that is why he was having them evicted.

of course, the camp fought off the cops and know when faced with a no-win situation, what do you do? i guess he is at least getting some of his money back but it WON"T END.

he should burn the fucking place to the ground

On 12/12/20 a young black man was shot by a right wing extremist in Olympia. We are hoping to ensure his medical expenses are covered.

this is now 2 weekends in a row that we've had protest related shooting in Olympia.

FUCK YOU PORTLAND! keep your shit in your own shithole

Boise Rally Medics on Twitter: "On 12/12/20 a young black man was shot by a right wing extremist in Olympia. We are hoping to ensure his medical expenses are covered. Donate at [url]https://t.co/exvDcGg3ly , specify “for j” in the memo Thanks y’all" / Twitter[/URL]

Top Back Refresh