What's new

Chainsaw mount

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
How many of you trail riders carry a chainsaw with you when riding? Have had a couple instances in when riding in the National Forest that having a saw would have been handy. Tree down over the trail that was too big to get over. We ended up turning around and backtracking out to go to another trail. I'm not wanting a felling saw just a 14-16" bar. Looked at the DW 20v saw since I would only need to carry bar oil in a small bottle then. But I already have a Stihl 026 that I own and could put a small bottle of gas and oil in my Packout box. I don't foresee using it much but would be nice to have.

My bed on the RZR is pretty full so most likely the only place I could mount a saw press would be the roof rack (which I don't like) or off the rear bumper.

I just currently carry mine on top of my storage bins in the back in a cheap stihl case. I ratchet strap it to the roll cage behind the back seats in the 4xp turbo.

its ok in the summer when way less trees to cut. Sucks in the spring when all the winter fall down has me cutting trees every 100'

I made this for my old Outlander. It worked fine for the smaller 14" bar Echo I had and also the Milwaukee cordless saw; if we were riding hard though I would take that 12Ah battery out of it and carry it in a bag. The top and bottom plate spacers were delrin blocks so that they wouldn't bang up the chain.

I need to make something similar for my Maverick Sport now.

0824191725_HDR.jpg

0118201230.jpg

I carry a Dewalt 20v saw strapped in the bed of my General XP. used it several times clearing old trails

Run one on the dirtbike for most of the wet season.

I wouldnt even worry about extra gas/oil. Your not going to burn that much trail riding.

Gave the dewalt an eyeball, and it was bigger than my echo cs400.

Not sxs specific, but I carry a sthil top handle. Makes it more compact, but also more expensive.

I've never carried extra fuel. But I did recently pick up a bottle to do so. The ones that look like a white chick's water bottle. Spring time can get intense with down trees around here.

I have a little Stihl top handle saw as well. Have not carried it on the RZR yet but it would fit the bill nicely. as mentioned above I am not cutting trail just moving a downed tree or something if needed.

Top Back Refresh