What's new

Century Importing MP5 Clones

Lee

Guild of Calamitous Intent
Member Number
Loc
The Natural State
Tight lipped on price, claiming "most affordable on the market." Century has taken over Zenith's contract and is now the sole importer of the Turkish made MKEs. Pistol only to comply with 922r.

I have reservations about anything with Century's name on it, but Zenith has a decent reputation. I've been holding out for PSAs vaporware, but may reconsider depending on pricing.

I see that HK is also making an MP5 pistol. Its definitely a good market.

I still dont have one, but want one and then SBR it. Same sorta think I did with a GSG pistol.

Saw that video thumbnail today. PSA’s looked interesting to me too, but it took so long to come out I ended up buying a CZ Scorpion when the rumors of imported “pistol” bans started. Haven’t shot it a ton due to being late to stockpiling 9mm, but I like it so far.

Oh yeah, and the Scorpion, factory stock, SBR stamp, Dead Air Wolfman can, tax stamp on that, and whatever Aimpoint or Trijicon red dot end up on it will all be in the ~ $2,800 range. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
That's got to be an early adopter, penalty, pricing, market adjustment BS like car dealers do.

You could get Zenith's for right around $2K. MSRP on PTR's website for their 9C 600 is $1,900. Century isn't anywhere close to cheapest on the market at that price.

I was going to say.
It looks like the H&K SP-5 is going to be in the $2500 range
I see 2different options, the SP5 8.9" bbl, and the SP-5k 5.8" bbl.

Based on the photos it sure looks like its going to be easy enough to plop it onto a Form-2, pop out the twi pins and put a stock on it (or an already registered FCG).
The muzzle device appears to be their tri-lug mount (already have a YHM that fits)
And not pinned so if the tri-lug isnt your thing easy enough to swap out.

Is Zenith done then if they lost the import deal? I know they were the brand to get if you weren't shelling out for HK built. Century has to discount the price just for having their name stamped on the thing.

It absolutely blows my mind that people are spending their shit on toys instead of using that money to support their cause. Toys > Cause = loss of Second Amendment Rights

Flame away :eek:

Whilst I love an MP5 platform... for 28hundo + tax I can build several AR's and have left overs. Just sayin.

It absolutely blows my mind that people are spending their shit on toys instead of using that money to support their cause. Toys > Cause = loss of Second Amendment Rights

says who? I'm not dropping 2k to some random gun group, but I still am giving some. And regardless it's a bit of circular logic.

Whilst I love an MP5 platform... for 28hundo + tax I can build several AR's and have left overs. Just sayin.

I agree 100% with the thought process.

But if someone already has a handfull of AR15s and 10s in multiple calibers. And is looking for their next toy... this is an option.

Just saying I will never, ever own an over under. No need, or desire. But I know plenty of folks that wouldnt batt an eye at dropping 3k on a hand built one

I agree 100% with the thought process.

But if someone already has a handfull of AR15s and 10s in multiple calibers. And is looking for their next toy... this is an option.

Just saying I will never, ever own an over under. No need, or desire. But I know plenty of folks that wouldnt batt an eye at dropping 3k on a hand built one

Copy that man... I own one over under, just as a bird gun. I get the sentiment of your post. That said, I want one of the MP5's/ clone, I'm just to cheap to pay that price. :flipoff2: That's the reality of my statement. :laughing:

I built an mp5, found a parts kit with intact barrel for $1400 with the collapsing stock. Add in a flat for $140 and some misc for another $50 and I'm just over 1500 for all real german parts. The collapsing stock is at a friends, havent SBR'd it yet, pretty happy with the brace. I can sell that for around $300.

The Magpul collapsing brace looks decent. Going to try one and unless braces get the ax I'd rather do that than the SBR tax stamp. I've got a HK33 parts kit that the stock can go on.

I built an mp5, found a parts kit with intact barrel for $1400 with the collapsing stock. Add in a flat for $140 and some misc for another $50 and I'm just over 1500 for all real german parts. The collapsing stock is at a friends, havent SBR'd it yet, pretty happy with the brace. I can sell that for around $300.

The Magpul collapsing brace looks decent. Going to try one and unless braces get the ax I'd rather do that than the SBR tax stamp. I've got a HK33 parts kit that the stock can go on.

Where did you find the receiver. I have some bits and pieces laying around, not a complete kit, but might be able to get one.

says who? I'm not dropping 2k to some random gun group, but I still am giving some. And regardless it's a bit of circular logic.

We will all lose. We don't deserve our rights. The whole "sport" is a fucking joke.

Tell you what. Match me on a lousy $25 throw at Second Amendment Foundation. Any of these other clowns can bitch and crow about shit they "run" and you can be all circular and shit with me. :laughing:

Do it.

https://www.saf.org/

Where did you find the receiver. I have some bits and pieces laying around, not a complete kit, but might be able to get one.

RTG parts receiver. Very nice quality, bent easily and lined up perfectly. The only part I wasn't perfectly happy with was the shell deflector - next time I'll spend more time getting it perfectly aligned and not just count on the rivet holes. If you need small stuff let me know. I have a few extra grip frames, trunnions, etc.

I keep waiting for their 33 receivers to be finished. If I have to I'll get an HK parts, but even in their own pictures you can see some of the features are missing or wrong.

We will all lose. We don't deserve our rights. The whole "sport" is a fucking joke.

Tell you what. Match me on a lousy $25 throw at Second Amendment Foundation. Any of these other clowns can bitch and crow about shit they "run" and you can be all circular and shit with me. :laughing:

Do it.

https://www.saf.org/

I gave them $100 first of the year and GOA, and Jews for Guns, and NRA so yeah.

I gave them $100 first of the year and GOA, and Jews for Guns, and NRA so yeah.

That is a beautiful thing. I don't mind getting mugged here for being a critic and Gun Control Bitch. I fully believe our liberty is at risk and it hurts to see enthusiasts carrying along with little regard for the future. Thankfully, I am wrong in this regard. Please indulge my largess and bullshit. :flipoff2:

Can't see them selling post pandemic- election- insurrection crisis, but the atf has promised to crack down heavily on pistol imports. So, century is probably just trying to cash in while they can.

Still have a want for an mp5, but at that price might as well get the genuine h&k. The ptr mp5 clones are going for around 1800.

I was going to say.
It looks like the H&K SP-5 is going to be in the $2500 range
I see 2different options, the SP5 8.9" bbl, and the SP-5k 5.8" bbl.

Based on the photos it sure looks like its going to be easy enough to plop it onto a Form-2, pop out the twi pins and put a stock on it (or an already registered FCG).
The muzzle device appears to be their tri-lug mount (already have a YHM that fits)
And not pinned so if the tri-lug isnt your thing easy enough to swap out.

i think msrp on the SP-5 WAS supposed to be in the mid $2k, but in actuality the street price has been closer to $3500 and most were sold before they ever even got to dealers. i know of two that sold last week for $4500. brand new, never fired. no upgrades, etc.

im glad i got in on a dakota mp5K about 18 months ago with a pile of mags, cocking piece upgrades, optic mount, couple different forearms and a folding brace adapter for about $1800. if i sold it tomorrow, i could get almost $4k for it. Crazy times are crazy.

NRA life member AND $25 to GOA AND $25 to FPC AND $50 to RMGO yesterday... Feel betterer???

I've noticed these and PTR's options have gotten a lot cheaper now, often "on sale" in the $1,400-1,600 range.

I don't know anything about this vendor, but this is currently on Gun.Deals, $1,099.99 for a Century AP5-P. Dang tempting, kind of wish I hadn't just bought the Galil.

PSA has the AP5 for $999 and the AP5M for $899 with their Christmas deals.

Use code CENTURY with the AP5

Use code AP5 with the AP5M

Crazy to think these were approaching $3K about a year ago. With PTR, POF, and Zenith all making/importing them there's some domestic competition, not to mention all the other similar options from Grand Power, PSA, Sig, B&T, etc.

selling for 8 ish on gun broker
I looked last night, and just now again. Cheapest AP5 with any bids is currently at $905 with a little over a day left on the auction, and $35 shipping.

Cheapest BIN is $1175, $25 shipping, 3% CC fee.

There's a whole bunch of them with a BIN of $1999 on Gunbroker still. :homer:

Top Back Refresh