What's new

Cashing in Catalytic converters in Midwest??

Defecater

Member Number
I have several days vacation to burn before end of year and a couple decades worth of parts vehicle catalytic converters piled up. Any processors in the Midwest that buy direct from the public?? I was told there is a processor in KC area, but I cant seem to locate them if there is one.

There are ads on Facefuck marketplace but I guarantee they will pay bottom dollar.

I had a young mexican guy in a 1 ton van pay me more that the big converter buyers here in DFW area. I laid them all out and took pics and sent them to different guys on face book market place.

Scrap processing in des moines buys them. I was shocked at the values.
they determine price off the serial number on the unit I guess.
Haven't turned any in but been there when others have.

On average a cat gets sold like 9 times before it gets to the refiner, you want to jump as far up the chain as possible

e bay seems to get high prices

there's a place on the east coast that has a price sheet and pays well

I have been using a guy that makes a southwest loop from el Paso monthly and he paid like a mofo the first time, then seemed to get comfortable, the standard scam for these guys

I'll look for the price sheet, I think it's on an old phone, pm me your email if you want

I have several days vacation to burn before end of year and a couple decades worth of parts vehicle catalytic converters piled up. Any processors in the Midwest that buy direct from the public?? I was told there is a processor in KC area, but I cant seem to locate them if there is one.

pm'd you my guys number,.

There are ads on Facefuck marketplace but I guarantee they will pay bottom dollar.

I ran a stack of subaru cats past one of the facefuck buyers, he was consistantly $30 a cat lower than the usual buyer, but he would pick up vs me driving an hour to cash them in. Seeing as he was $600 lower on the load of 20, it was worth the drive.

Had an 09 prius get junked that the guy had already cut the cats off of, he was all proud that he got $800 for them from the traveling cat hunter. Asked the usual buyer what the cats of it was if I brought it in, he said $1k. One of the other holy grail cats is the 4 biscuit ford off an older Superduty. Usually they're 3 biscuits in a big torpedo shaped cat. Finally found a 4 biscuit, but once it was cut off discovered one of the biscuits had disintegrated and disappeared. Still a good payday by weight, but not top dollar.

I ran a stack of subaru cats past one of the facefuck buyers, he was consistantly $30 a cat lower than the usual buyer, but he would pick up vs me driving an hour to cash them in. Seeing as he was $600 lower on the load of 20, it was worth the drive.

Had an 09 prius get junked that the guy had already cut the cats off of, he was all proud that he got $800 for them from the traveling cat hunter. Asked the usual buyer what the cats of it was if I brought it in, he said $1k. One of the other holy grail cats is the 4 biscuit ford off an older Superduty. Usually they're 3 biscuits in a big torpedo shaped cat. Finally found a 4 biscuit, but once it was cut off discovered one of the biscuits had disintegrated and disappeared. Still a good payday by weight, but not top dollar.

That's a gold mine anytime you find someone selling a trashed car with the right cats on board.
"09 prius, wrecked, as is, asking $500."

We should make a list of deals to eye for.

That's a gold mine anytime you find someone selling a trashed car with the right cats on board.
"09 prius, wrecked, as is, asking $500."

We should make a list of deals to eye for.

I also interested to know what cars to look out for, all I know if people always liked Toyota cats.

Top Back Refresh