What's new

Carport plans

Kyle

Formerly known as Kyle_T
Member Number
Loc
Fort Worth TEXAS USA
How complicated would it be to build something like this? I’m thinking of using a metal frame and posts and metal roofing and facade it with wood to get this look. Any exposed metal would be ok. 20x20 with 4 posts. I’m no engineer and triangulation has gotten me through life :flipoff2: north Texas snow load so 🤷‍♂️

photo49544.jpg

I mean keeping my cars out of the weather and doubling as a nice patio area is pretty useful to me 😂

Are you parking a single car in it? If not, the open sides mean you won't protect shit during any weather with wind:homer: My covered porch has rain come 3' in from the edge of the roof.

if you want it to cantilever that far out front I would look into getting a couple old roof/floor joist from a building they are tearing down. then 8" perling on 4 ' centers for me. but if you are light you can go 5' centers. I weigh 245 so I keep it at 4' centers.

Are you parking a single car in it? If not, the open sides mean you won't protect shit during any weather with wind:homer: My covered porch has rain come 3' in from the edge of the roof.

two cars or 1 and a boat or whatever we need to park plus we could back them up and or would be a covered patio. And yes 2.5 sides will be “enclosed”. One whole side between us and the neighbor for privacy and the back and about half of the other side facing the house. Similar to the sides on the pic I posted. I have a two car garage already but want the above mentioned flexibility.

Top Back Refresh