What's new

Carfax Vin check?

Onebad68

Kind of a big deal
Member Number
Loc
Hermiston, Oregon
Just picked up a 2003 Yukon, Supposedly factory supercharged. Guy did not know much about it but figured for the price it was a go for a drivetrain swap into my 66 Nova. Wasnt really looking but it popped up and figured I would snag it.

Can anyone run a carfax for me? Would be nice to know a little about it. 1GKFK16Z03J181250

I tried to post it for you, but the system will not let me post it. too many characters. I am not going to sit here and count to ten thousand. pm your email I will send it you that way.

Just picked up a 2003 Yukon, Supposedly factory supercharged. Guy did not know much about it but figured for the price it was a go for a drivetrain swap into my 66 Nova. Wasnt really looking but it popped up and figured I would snag it.

Can anyone run a carfax for me? Would be nice to know a little about it. 1GKFK16Z03J181250
What blower does it have? It might be a dealer add on but there weren't any OEM GM superchaged Yukons.

this place?
I would assume so. It has the same logo embossed into the headrests. Dont really care either way as it is getting the drivetrain yanked out of it, just trying to get some more info to verify mileage or anything else that might be notable.

It has a magnasun super charger on it, Has Canepa embossed in the seats headrests and a small logo on the doors as well.
Funny, i went to prom with Carly Canepa. Down here anything they touch is worth gold. Probably worth giving them a call and seeing if they have record of what all they did. Or i can swing by and ask if you want

It has a magnasun super charger on it, Has Canepa embossed in the seats headrests and a small logo on the doors as well.
This one?

1620332323060.png

This is the actual engine bay, Havent driven it much but carfax does say it had a new long block at 102K. Dont think I got hurt at $4800 for it

What kind of power are you looking to make?
Honestly not sure. I got the car with a gutted interior and no engine/transmission. Anything is going to be a step up. I am looking for a mustang 2 front end kit to put on it as well as mini-tub and a narrowed 9" rear I am putting in it. This should be a solid starting point though. Online says it adds 120HP/120FTLBS over stock so it should move a 2800lb car just fine. Plus its got the cool factor going for it with this setup. I havent really even done any research at all on superchargers and have never been around them, for the price I figured I couldnt go wrong.

its definitely not a bad setup. I had a 1st gen CTS-V with that blower setup on a LS6. Car made 556whp, with blower cam and CNCed 243 heads and long tubes.

Top Back Refresh