What's new

Can 22 Savage Hi Power be rechambered to anything not obsolete?

Stuck

In Hell
Member Number
What rifle is it? If its a savage 99 I believe you could rebarrel it to a .30-30win. I know 22 savage HP brass can be made from .30-30 win. I cant think of anything else that uses a .227 bore thats a rimmed cartridge. .30-30 99 barrel shouldnt be impossible to find.

If you cant rebarrel Sellior and Bellot makes ammo for it.

Last edited:

Scott Cee aka 2drx4

Taste the butwhole
Member Number
Loc
The middle of BC, Canada
What rifle is it? If its a savage 99 I believe you could rebarrel it to a .30-30win. I know 22 savage HP brass can be made from .30-30 win. I cant think of anything else that uses a .227 bore thats a rimmed cartridge. .30-30 99 barrel shouldnt be impossible to find.

If you cant rebarrel Sellior and Bellot makes ammo for it.

Yeah, it's a Savage 99 and it's pretty well thundered. Not worth buying a barrel for so I was only going to consider picking it up if I could ream the chamber to something else.

Scott Cee aka 2drx4

Taste the butwhole
Member Number
Loc
The middle of BC, Canada

Stuck

In Hell
Member Number
If its not a sentimental gun and you dont already own it, I would pass. Certain99s bring good money but if its whooped why bother?

Scott Cee aka 2drx4

Taste the butwhole
Member Number
Loc
The middle of BC, Canada
If its not a sentimental gun and you dont already own it, I would pass. Certain99s bring good money but if its whooped why bother?

I was going to do even more horrible things to it if I could rechamber to something modern. But seeing as you can't, it is a don't bother situation.

Basically I'm looking for a dirt cheaper lever gun to mod into a barely legal pack gun. I was hoping to find an abused Rossi or non-JM Marlin (not collectable, so they're most likely candidates) but haven't found one so far.

I had a Ranch Hand that I sold. Or maybe I traded it partly for a truck. I don't remember. It would have been ideal in retrospect. :laughing: