What's new

Campground etiquette???

Campground etiquette???

• Your not able to save your animal cuz "snowflake gets to flaunt the rule"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Every time I've seen a big dog "attack" a little dog, it's because the little dog is being a total asshole, the big dog gets annoyed and puts it in its place. Not sure why so many little dogs think they are invincible.

Also, a little dog bites someone and it's funny a big dog nips someone and all of a sudden it needs to be put down.

Can you tell I'm not a little dog (owner) fan?

As far as the op, is it really a question? If your dogs on a leash and another dog starts a fight, boot the other dog into next week.

That’s the truth. We have a lab and a little mixed mutt. The little dog is an ass to our lab. Every once in a while, the lab has enough and puts the little dog in its place.

Your dog should be safe and you should be able to fix issue.

So the attaching chihuahua would kick your dogs ass and then yours? I heard your max isn't far from min on the knob.

not likely, because if it was attached, I would assume the attachment would be a leash and therefore could not attack and kick his dog's ass

So the attaching chihuahua would kick your dogs ass and then yours? I heard your max isn't far from min on the knob.

Sure.

In reality my dogs stay home at all times. We don't travel with them. I shoot strays at home all the time. Some of us don't live in town.

Little dogs - it's an anxiety thing. I don't like them, but I get it. When everything in the world like you is bigger and can kill you with one bite it would make you a bit anxious.

As for being off leash, we have a pitbull in my complex. The owner is a weak young girl. The dog can yank the leash loose from her. He's not fixed. He's been in two fights with other dogs in the few months that I've been here. He also nipped at me in the hall as I passed. She keeps him well away from me now since I told her that I'd kill him the next time that he tries. I suggested some training and pointed her in the right direction. She's an idiot, so it's likely that she won't take the advice.

not likely, because if it was attached, I would assume the attachment would be a leash and therefore could not attack and kick his dog's ass

ah a wise guy hey! Go get your shine box!

Sure.

In reality my dogs stay home at all times. We don't travel with them. I shoot strays at home all the time. Some of us don't live in town.

Tell me about those of us that live in town.... maybe you can teach me about rural living.

I love our 3 Labs but I don't expect everyone else to. We leave them home when we go places and leave them at a local kennel when we go on trips/vacations. People need to control their pets or leave them home.

We got jack Russell terriers. We've had three of them now, and in my opinion they are the best dog for our family. They can be ferocious little bastards. But mine gets leashed around other people or dogs and is well trained.
I can't understand the poll options either, but if a dog comes into your campsite, fuck the invading dog.

I'm not digging the small dog owner shaming going on here. You small pecker bastards are an insecure bunch:flipoff2::lmao:

I have 2 Griffons ,they have never been in a fight. Both are protective and appear aggressive, but when pushed, run. i prefer to not stay at organized camp sites (or around other people for that matter) but it is getting more and more difficult with land closures due to people dumping garbage and what not. That being said, when we are not home, we leash the dog together, then put them on a cable that is about 10 feet long. It works very well. I will protect them to the best of my ability. People that say they will kill a dog that attacks theirs make me laugh. You think it makes you look tough but in the end you look very foolish. Shit happens.... let it go.

My Rottie is dog aggressive. Totally controllable when dogs are leashed. If your unleashed dog approaches him, I can't guarantee he's not going to fuck your dog up. Recently on a walk, someone was having difficulty comprehending this. His golden was off leash and just as happy as he could be and I was asking him to get his dog. "Oh, don't worry, he's friendly!" No, no, no. You don't understand. I'm not concerned ABOUT your dog. I'm concerned FOR your dog. That made him understand and quickly call his dog. He asked why I would have an aggressive dog out in public and I simply said, "Listen, he doesn't like other dogs. He's great with people. As long as all dogs are leashed as they're supposed to be, it's not an issue. That's why I take him to leashed areas only."

And don't camp in faggy camp grounds with leash rules

Its assholes like you that makes problems for others.

Tell said snowflake to take their dog and put it on a leash before they get a dose of what their dog got.

Its assholes like you that makes problems for others.

Tell said snowflake to take their dog and put it on a leash before they get a dose of what their dog got.

:laughing:

Contradiction is a bitch:rolleyes:

How can I make a problem if I'm not there? :homer:

My dogs are 14 and have never caused a problem with a dog or person. I've stayed at a few campgrounds with stupid rules, but there are always dumb people who ruin it for everyone anyway so I prefer to go out in the woods and avoid camp grounds.

Last I checked I was on a hardcore rock crawling site, I've never rock crawled to a campground with leash rules:flipoff2:

My dogs are 14 and have never caused a problem with a dog or person. I've stayed at a few campgrounds with stupid rules, but there are always dumb people who ruin it for everyone anyway so I prefer to go out in the woods and avoid camp grounds.

Last I checked I was on a hardcore rock crawling site, I've never rock crawled to a campground with leash rules:flipoff2:

no cisco grove?:flipoff2: not that its available anymore

Was a great staging area, but it's right next to an interstate. Can't say you have to wheel to it?

they was a paved rv campground with access to fordyce trail was my point, just trying to poke at your point :laughing:

but i do agree with your original idea about camping, get me away from the pavement, people, rules, whatever just get me away

That's great and I agree however what you just described...isn't a campground. 😁🍻

Top Back Refresh