What's new

California legalizing a military humvee

Right_side_up

ST4x4
Member Number
Hello everyone,

So been looking through the search but haven’t found anything directly related to this.

Getting a Humvee off gov planet has anyone have experience legalizing it for California roads?

Seen a bunch of YouTube videos in red states getting them legal seems pretty painless, but how hard is it in California?

You could attempt to get some ideas from steelsoldiers.com but if you ask questions about some topics they will chastise and ban you if you persist.

Lol this is about the degree of info I have found, just move, lol. Welp if I end up grabbing one I’ll document the process for others 👍

It has to have a certain number of numbers for the VIN and some Fed sticker in the door jamb on the driver side.

DO NOT call DMV for a VIN inspection. I think anybody that can do a CA smoke test can VIN verify.

Good to know about the vin, dirt legal is a company that says they can register any vehicle, they do an LLC in Montana and register your vehicle there, that allows you to be on the road, but not sure how easy it is to switch that to a California title.

As above said, get an inspection, get a vin assigned, get it registered.

LLC via montana or south Dakota is easier than California but dont have any corresponding ID or DL or busted.

California law prohibits the registration of any vehicle not originally intended by its manufacturer for use on public highways, This includes a wide range of vehicles, but typically includes vehicles made for foreign markets, vehicles made exclusively for off-highway use, or former tactical military vehicles sold as ...

Top Back Refresh