What's new

Build Progress, the 88 resurrection

docj88

'Splain this to me again
Member Number
Loc
Texas!!
Found some old pictures of the truck in a forgotten corner of the computer.. Bought the truck ugly as all get out. black wheels, rusty bed, broken lights, hay spear hole in the tailgate.. it was rough. It had a lot of worn out parts in the front end and I was not kind to them lol. First step was to get it road legal so I could drive it back and forth to the farm. For what a replacement tail gate and lights cost, I built the flatbed (which i like better anyway). next came the front bumper. I ran it like this for a year or so until i realized that there were some issues with the ball joints and the tie rod ends causing the tires to wear funny. one day, I got ran off the road by a dumbass driver who cant read road signs, specifically, "left lane ends". Something broke... at 35 mph it started the death wobble. I limped it home and parked it in the shop. I went to work taking it all apart and had a hard time finding what broke because it was all worn out. I started pricing parts to completely rebuild the IFS and according to my figures, shouldn't have been much more expensive to SAS it (it was.. it definitely was). i sourced an axle from an 83 model truck and started hacking away at the frame. 5 weeks later my wife and i found out that we were expecting our first child!! i was stoked, and the Yota was all but abandoned for nearly 2 years. Its back going and Mini Me loves it. Here are some pics from when i first got it until now. Its made quite the change.

yota left.jpg

yota right.jpg

flatbed.jpg

deer stand.jpg

bumper.jpg

Top Back Refresh