What's new

Brain fart Hydro Cyl question...

DozerDan82

Master of the Universe!!!
Member Number
Loc
3rd Rock From the Big Ball of Fire
Keep talking myself into/out of how to mount these ends on my cyl . Both Cyl have the same stroke, but the old one is shorter body. When I cut the old ends off to put on the new cyl, do I keep the fixed end the same and just go for total extended/collapsed lengths to match, or do I split the body length difference.

I have having a total brain fart. Old on is on top with the TRE, need to weld those onto the new one.

Do I just keep my static end the same or will that cause more steering in one direction. Going on my roller, so does not have to be perfect, but would like it close.

thumbnail (6).jpg

They have the same stroke but the rod end is shorter so the gland end locating method will leave it short on steering.

Move the fixed point so the steering is still equal. I'd just mount the end on the knuckle with the cylinder in the middle of the stroke with the wheels straight and mount the fixed end right where it lands.

Last edited:
They have the same stroke but the rod end is shorter so the gland end locating method will leave it short on steering.

Move the fixed point so the steering is still equal. I'd just mount the end onpon thetthe knuckle withcwith the cylinder in the middle of the stroke with the wheels straight and mount the fixed end right where it lands.

That makes sense.

Move the fixed point so the steering is still equal. I'd just mount the end onpon thetthe knuckle withcwith the cylinder in the middle of the stroke with the wheels straight and mount the fixed end right where it lands.

The way I read it the rod will be the same length when changed and the can will be longer. Dunno.

Top Back Refresh