What's new

Bosch dishwashers or any others worth looking at

Aggie06

I ain't the one to blame.
Member Number
Loc
Balls Deep South Texas
Our current whirlpool seems to be on its last leg. Bosch seems to have decent reviews. Specifically, I’ve been looking at the Bosch 300. Does anyone have this machine? Any other brands worth considering?

My in-laws have had a Samsung, so I know to stay away from those.

I ran a Thermador (bosch) and it was garbage. Worst cleaning performance of any dish washer I've owned and it had frequent breakdowns with electrical components.

My mom went through the ringer at their new place with dishwashers. 5 different ones in a couple months, they'd either show up damaged or not work at all. They weren't generic store brand shit either. At their old house they had a $1800 Miele that was awesome and you could barely hear it at all while it was running. They finally ended up with a Bosch that was about $800 and it is very comparable in performance and sound.

My super lucky Aunt has a higher end KitchenAid and it's the same story, works really well and doesn't make a racket.

I’m guessing our current dishwasher is original to the house, so it’s around 12-13 years old. It has always been loud, but it’s starting to sound like a diesel tractor. Anything new will probably be quiet compared to this.

I replaced an old functioning dishwasher we had for about 15 years with a $$LG. Worst dishwasher in the world. Never cleaned worth a shit and the heating element fried after 5-6 years. Bought a $500 Bosch from lowes. Cleans great but don't dry as good as the original but neither did the LG. I think the energy star bullshit has a lot to do with that. Only about 6 mo. in on the Bosch so we'll see.

We had a higher end Bosch in our old house, it worked great, super quiet and did well with cleaning. We also had a Bosch side by side fridge and it was a royal POS! New house has all GE Cafe appliances and the dishwasher has been excellent for the 7 years we have been here. I think its right at 40 db when running.. but they are not budget friendly.

We are in the same boat with our kitchenaid. We installed it 14 years ago so I can hardly complain since appliances don't last that long anymore. I would like to have a Bosch so am watching this thread for more responses.

I’m guessing our current dishwasher is original to the house, so it’s around 12-13 years old. It has always been loud, but it’s starting to sound like a diesel tractor. Anything new will probably be quiet compared to this.

Have you tried to deep clean and fix it?

I have a quietpower 5 that came with the house. Dunno how old it is but it is not new for sure. I had to tear it down and deep clean all the hoses and interior parts. It was a fucking mess. It no longer rumbled the kitchen after that.

I am on inlet valve #3 and will continue to fix it till it stops working. I am not thrilled with newer high end sensitive liberal dishwashers.

I would only buy Bosch or kitchen aid dishwashers. We have had good luck with our Bosch.

DO NOT buy an LG. We did and I fucking hate this POS. I had to remove the door sensor and jumper wire it because this pile of shit would work only half the time because it would think the doors open, no rhyme or reason. A space X rocket has less prox sensors than this thing. I'm starting to sound like an old man at 37, but why the fuck do we need sensors, internet connectivity and social media updating ability on a damn dishwasher? A big ass locking latch, done, door closed and locked.

DO NOT buy an LG. We did and I fucking hate this POS. I had to remove the door sensor and jumper wire it because this pile of shit would work only half the time because it would think the doors open, no rhyme or reason. A space X rocket has less prox sensors than this thing. I'm starting to sound like an old man at 37, but why the fuck do we need sensors, internet connectivity and social media updating ability on a damn dishwasher? A big ass locking latch, done, door closed and locked.

I’m 36 and right there with you on the sensors and bs.

We have Kitchenaid dishwasher, stove, and fridge, middle of the road models...5 years old now, quite pleased with them all, although the ice maker in the fridge drips a little into the ice bucket because I'm too lazy to defrost it (just leave a container to catch the drips so it doesn't turn into an entire block of ice), and the gas stove is a little slow at boiling water and heating up the oven.

The advantage of Kitchenaid dishwashers over Bosch is the heated dry which just does a better job.

Bosch has its lower end shit just like every other manufacture out there, so you will get what you pay for. I will never buy any other brand dishwasher than a Miele. they're quite expensive but we are rocking ours we bought used 12 years ago and it still cleans everything every time. it is starting to show its age so we will be shopping for a new one in the next year or 2. If you want to buy one and not worry about it for 10+ years look into them.

We bought an entry level Bosch last year (sub $500) from HD.
We like it, so far so good. Cleans real well and it is very quiet (50db).

To add we don’t use it daily, still wash by hand often - typically run it when there is a mountain of dishes from parties / elaborate meal and such.

As those other grumpy men posted above:), I am no fan of all the new gadgetry bs, more shit to go wrong and its all built as cheap as possible (I am 42).

spend the money to get the one with the boss motor and the classic style pump/macerator.

the ones with filters are garbage.

I would only buy Bosch or kitchen aid dishwashers. We have had good luck with our Bosch.

This.

Our Kitchen Aid made to 11 years. Almost bought another, until I looked into Bosch.

Best buy ever. Have had the Bosch for 9 years now, and no issues. Quiet as can be, you barely know its running....

I recommend one with with the 3rd row upper utensil rack. There is so much more you can stick up there, freeing up room below.

Mine is 20 years old. I'm sure they don't make them like they used to. I put a hose and a plastic button on it in the past 5 years.

My fridge is a GE it's 30 years old side by side with ice maker, I put a light bulb in it last month.

Bosch has its lower end shit just like every other manufacture out there, so you will get what you pay for. I will never buy any other brand dishwasher than a Miele. they're quite expensive but we are rocking ours we bought used 12 years ago and it still cleans everything every time. it is starting to show its age so we will be shopping for a new one in the next year or 2. If you want to buy one and not worry about it for 10+ years look into them.

What model did you get? I found models ranging from $999 to $3099.

I don't remember what brand ours is, but it hasn't actually cleaned dishes from day 1. $450 home depot special. Not my choice.

I

i will have to check when i get home i cant find it on the website. it has a mode knob and a start button that is all. nothing fancy,but it works and you cannot hear it running unless its draining.

Stick with either the higher end Bosh or get a GE.
I just finished installing a new GE profile dishwasher in my kitchen.
Personally I think GE makes some of the best appliances.

Put a Bosch in at our old house about 10 years ago. washed well and was quiet. when we moved and needed a new one about 3 years ago, we got another Bosch. They're about $800-1000, but totally worth it in my opinions.

Ended up with a Maytag dishwasher. It was in the price range I was willing to pay, and didn’t seem to have a bunch of features we wouldn’t use anyways.

It wasn’t clear when a Bosch would actually be available. Apparently, they haven’t had timely shipments with the Rona this year.

We got a bosch 300 not too long ago. No complaints so far.

I forget what brand mine is. Lemme check.

20200209_154938.jpg

My super lucky Aunt has a higher end KitchenAid and it's the same story, works really well and doesn't make a racket.

We have a 4 yr old KitchenAid from Lowes, was like 700, zero issues and can't even tell its running. We run it 5 times a week roughly.

FUUUUUUUUCK Bosch. They are quiet but we can't slide the bottom rack out of ours with out it falling off the track .... or more of a ledge the wheels run on. There is a ledge on the inside that the wheels on the bottom rack ride on. Then when you open it and put the door down there is a 3-4" gap between the inside ledge and the ledge on the door the wheels ride on. If you don't pull the rack out 100% straight it's guaranteed to slide off the ledges at the gap and the whole rack falls sideways. I may have broke a plate or two with my frustrations with their shitty design.

We have a Bosch (not sure model off the top of my head) and are very pleased with it. Super quiet and does a good job on cleaning. Not sure I have ever found a spec on any dish. Only complaint with ours is there is no dry cycle. Dishes are soaking wet when it’s done. We typically run it at night and then leave the door cracked all the next day so the dishes will somewhat dry...

Miele is the shit if you can afford it. I bought a sales package of Samsung appliances at homo depot and they all work fine

We have a Bosch (not sure model off the top of my head) and are very pleased with it. Super quiet and does a good job on cleaning. Not sure I have ever found a spec on any dish. Only complaint with ours is there is no dry cycle. Dishes are soaking wet when it’s done. We typically run it at night and then leave the door cracked all the next day so the dishes will somewhat dry...

I use jet dry in our Bosch 500 series. There is a huge difference between running it with and without.

Top Back Refresh