What's new

Bone spurs

Thumping

Member Number
I have had bone spurs taking off both my shoulders twice over the years and it seems at least one is back. I've torn my shoulders up over the years of heavy lifting at the gym and have stopped the heavy shit but it doesn't seem to have stopped the spurs.

Anyone else deal with spurs? I've searched for home remedies of dealing with or better yet prevention but it doesn't seem like theres much out there.

Last night on the incline press (with dumb bells) I could feel it and today, every time I move my right arm I can feel it. I guess I've aggravated it. :mad3:

I just learned from a CT scan I have them in my right elbow joint. Along with a "loose body" less than a CM in size. I am having a Doc consult on Monday to find out what he suggests to remedy it. I'll tell you what he says.

Blacksmithing and martial arts did it. Probably not much to prevent it other than limit overuse.

Surgery on one shoulder for it and needing it in the other.
Work not as physical for me anymore so that helped but hard to throw the football around with the lad.
May need it done soon.

Had one on my heel that broke off one drunken night around the bonfire.
Spent 6 months in a boot and cast and learning how to walk again.

I have a bone impingement on my hip and it's been there my entire life. Hurts every day.
just trying to wait a few more years on the full hip replacement deal so it can hopefully last forever.
looking forward to it.

I have a bone impingement on my hip and it's been there my entire life. Hurts every day.
just trying to wait a few more years on the full hip replacement deal so it can hopefully last forever.
looking forward to it.
When they dug into my shoulders they clearanced an impingement between the scapula and clavicle while removing the spurs. The always said that eventually the spurs would come back.

I was hopeful that someone here may have dealt with them and had some kind of home remedy for dealing with or preventing them.

When they dug into my shoulders they clearanced an impingement between the scapula and clavicle while removing the spurs. The always said that eventually the spurs would come back.

I was hopeful that someone here may have dealt with them and had some kind of home remedy for dealing with or preventing them.
good luck.

My wife wants to go for walks all the fucking time! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, is my internal dialogue.
Other than limiting the abuse I give it I've not found anything that works to actually alleviate the pain. the opiates work to mask it, but I'm not down with all that every day.
They offered to do cortizone injections every 6 months under flouroscopy. but
1) I ain't like needles.
2) Long term steroid usage fucks you up.

So I deal with it. It's down to about a half a mile before it starts banging pretty good and maybe two miles before it's just used up and I can't walk. it may be time to get an aftermarket unit bolted in.

good luck.

My wife wants to go for walks all the fucking time! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, is my internal dialogue.
Other than limiting the abuse I give it I've not found anything that works to actually alleviate the pain. the opiates work to mask it, but I'm not down with all that every day.
They offered to do cortizone injections every 6 months under flouroscopy. but
1) I ain't like needles.
2) Long term steroid usage fucks you up.

So I deal with it. It's down to about a half a mile before it starts banging pretty good and maybe two miles before it's just used up and I can't walk. it may be time to get an aftermarket unit bolted in.
Having them cut out was a great deal of pain relief that has lasted about 10 years.

Having them cut out was a great deal of pain relief that has lasted about 10 years.
the guy at the cleveland clinic said it wasn't really an option with where it was on my hip.
it's on the top of the ball as deep as it gets in the socket.
said he'd have to basically break my hip to get at it, and at that point he'd just put an artificial one in. I was 30 when he told me that.
told me that since I weighed nothing he expected a new one to make it 40ish years, but made no guarantee of course. So I'm trying to get to 45 before we do it. one and done hopefully. 4 more years. I'm also hoping that since I waited another 15 years maybe the artificial one is better now than then.

I've had random calcium deposits taken out of my skin and also bone spurs and the like. First hard calcium deposit got cut out of my neck in the 3rd grade. so apparently I grow extra bone shit.
nobodies been able to tell me why or how to stop it.

Top Back Refresh