What's new

Bmw z4

BMW Z Cars always remind me of this.

C8Gww_mVMAE_9vZ.jpg

Only car gayer then a miata. My mom had an M roadster that seemed like a nice car. Except for always having ac issues I dont think it gave her any problems l. She had it from 30k to 130k

First thing that came to mind for me too was bayside fabrication. The z kart is getting killer.

I have an 03 with 45,000 miles on it. The soft top hydraulics are out. The top is now in manual mode. The interior is not holding up well. The car runs great though. Fun to drive. I think the rear wheel bearings are an issue. I’ve replaced one.

Look for first gen (E85/E86) with the M54 inline six. By far the most reliable and easy to fix and maintain. Second gen (E89), meh, the retractable hardtop is cool until it breaks out of warranty. Third gen (G29) feels cheap and don't care for the aesthetics and it's also the same platform at as Toyota Supra.

Mom has an 06 Z4 with 22,000 ish miles on it. It is a fun car. Not as precise as many other sports cars I have driven. The only issues we have had are her hitting curbs with the bumper and the rocker panel. Luckily the rocker panel is plastic and snaps on so you can get it painted and click it on yourself.

Just buy one that has more than 50,000 on it unless it's dirt cheap everyone that I know that owns a beamer rant/rave of how nice they are ,next breath they bitch about how much money they spend in repairs . And the ones that don't complain are a 2/3 yr lease .

To save a lot of time and breath. Z4 is junk. Hopefully you buy one.

Z8's are pretty fun to drive. Not sure if they are worth $200k, but definately a car you can slay some poon with

I probably missed this long ago- did you get rid of the Mustang?

A couple of years ago. I have a 2015 VW Golf R now. I'm tossing around the idea of a cheap (relatively) 2 seat convertible as a weekend toy. I've seen plenty of the Z4's priced around $10K.

Everyone that I've run into in them has been pompous including the guy that I told from my F-250 that it was a great looking Miata. I drove away with him yelling at me "It's a fawkin BMW! It's a fawkin BMWeeeeewwwwww!" :laughing:

BMW guys make it too easy.

A couple of years ago. I have a 2015 VW Golf R now. I'm tossing around the idea of a cheap (relatively) 2 seat convertible as a weekend toy. I've seen plenty of the Z4's priced around $10K.

look into benzes too - an SL500 or SLK350 are incredible cars for the money. If you dont need that bmw feel, I think they offer a lot more car for the money.

Gotcha. If you weren't hung up on the 'vert I'd vote Toyota 86 (for the size/type you are looking at). Maybe one day they'll turbo it and give it some balls.....

weekend car for fun that you don't rely on?

Why are you not shopping 135s or 335 coupes with turbo motors?

MR2 Spyder

weekend car for fun that you don't rely on?

Why are you not shopping 135s or 335 coupes with turbo motors?

I'm not a bimmer guy at all but a couple used to show up to autocross with a 135 and that thing fucking ripped! It was no prepped miata but for a nice street car it hauled ass.

Buy a Miata or a scion/Subaru frs/brz

Even the Z4M isn’t as fun. They are just cheaply made imo. Even the first generation ones. I wanted to like the Z4M hardtop but the Interior was just trash.

If you are going to buy a girls car you might as well get a Porsche 986S. Same price and a lot more fun to drive.

Top Back Refresh