BMW switch connector question

Santa

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
North Pool
2011 BMW 535I F10 Is what I'm told. How does this come apart

photo48891.jpg

I want to pry up on the grey plastic, but will let him break it before I touch a BMW.

I’d push some card stock (flash card piece or equivalent) under the gray piece. I think there’s one on the bottom too. Verify that and do the same to that one if so. The pull and listen for the snap of plastic.:laughing:

I’d push some card stock (flash card piece or equivalent) under the gray piece. I think there’s one on the bottom too. Verify that and do the same to that one if so. The pull and listen for the snap of plastic.:laughing:

I dont think there is enough room with the tight German tolerances to even get card stock in there. I'm going to let him break it. Lol

straight blade screwdriver/prybar/punch will get that outta there in a jiffy

You push down the white tab and rotate the grey lever over top of it. The lever lifts the connector block out and also pulls it in when reconnecting.

You push down the white tab and rotate the grey lever over top of it. The lever lifts the connector block out and also pulls it in when reconnecting.

This, he only broke half of it, but figured it out. I had a feeling it rotated due to the slanted back of the white piece.

thanks all, the only vehicle I work on anymore is now 50 years old.

Top Back Refresh