What's new

Blackbox thrust washers and fork guides

You ground the ends smooth on the snap ring right?

No just took the sharp edge off. But after thinking on it etc the seal shouldn't touch the bearing retainer ring. Close but doesn't touch. I think I just installed it too dry and folded the seal.

Winchested do you have a seal before or after this bearing?
17033498499728469823791093621507.jpg

I assume this is why the black box is shorter. The ecobox uses a double lip seal there in the ecobox housing before the bearing but it uses a stock np205 bearing that isn't sealed.

With the BB do they call for some sort of sealer on the shaft itself?

I assume this is why the black box is shorter. The ecobox uses a double lip seal there in the ecobox housing before the bearing but it uses a stock np205 bearing that isn't sealed.

Not that I know of or could see on the install guide nwf has. I talked to Kris earlier this week and he didn't mention anything. I could see the oil seeping between the bearing and input shaft to the 205

When I separated the bb from the 205 main bearing fell out.
20231223_090403.jpg

The bearing looks fine, no gouges in the seals
20231223_090411.jpg

So I'm thinking more rtv on it to hold it in place and a thin bead of rtv on the inside of the bb here
20231223_084553.jpg

I was told the BB is shorter due to the 1 piece input shaft vs 2 piece(shaft and gear) on the eco box. There has to be a seal on the BB. I don't see how it would not leak without one.

Attachments

• 1000001162.jpg
    1000001162.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
I was told the BB is shorter due to the 1 piece input shaft vs 2 piece(shaft and gear) on the eco box. There has to be a seal on the BB. I don't see how it would not leak without one.
I don't know if you're seeing what I'm seeing in those photos but there is no room for a seal hence why it uses a sealed bearing.

Gob up the RTV on the retaining ring gap for the bearing and I'd put a thin smear around the input shaft before you slide it back in.

I don't know if you're seeing what I'm seeing in those photos but there is no room for a seal hence why it uses a sealed bearing.

Gob up the RTV on the retaining ring gap for the bearing and I'd put a thin smear around the input shaft before you slide it back in.

I see Bmxbry9 pics now. Seems like a shit design, the shaft will still leak around the bearing ID. I would rtv the shit out of it and hope for the best.
Copy. Thats the conclusion I was coming to after talking to some other buddies. Rtv the bearing into the halves and a little amount the shaft and inner race since its not pressed on

I don’t have super specific pics but the EcoBox integrated version for the d300 doesn’t have a seal that I recall

2FEECB5A-B148-425F-BF8D-CA58F808F2F6.jpeg

Update, I ordered a new input bearing for the 205 just because it was all apart. Damn it was a pain to find, ordered one locally and it ended up not having the snap ring or groove. Called some places and eventually found a place in Florida that sold them on Amazon.
20240107_200131.jpg

I could see a few small nicks in the old bearing, don't know if that was the problem.
20231223_142920.jpg

New correct bearing in.
IMG_20240104_184439_01.jpg

Just filled up the bb and going to let it sit overnight. Hopefully no leaks into the 205.
17046868069463668696273342279464.jpg

Checked this morning and no leaking from the bb to the 205. Lots of rtv around the bearing and the snap ring. When butting the 205 input shaft onto the bearing it was definitely a tighter tolerance than the old bearing.
20240108_064821.jpg

Checked this morning and no leaking from the bb to the 205. Lots of rtv around the bearing and the snap ring. When butting the 205 input shaft onto the bearing it was definitely a tighter tolerance than the old bearing.
20240108_064821.jpg
Finally eh! Good news just hope she don't melt down again!

I was thinking about putting a sight tube on the Blackbox running under the case to the mid way up plug. I'll have to look at clearances

I put a site tube in mine. I think its worth it.

Hopefully all this shit is behind you.

I put a site tube in mine. I think its worth it.

Hopefully all this shit is behind you.
I also put a site tube on the side of mine. Tee'd into the top breather hole. If and when I drop it out again to put an Auto in place of the NV4500 I will drill another hole in the side of the case so it does not have to be tied into the breather and allows easier access on the side of it to fill.

Top Back Refresh