What's new

Best jump box

ANGELO

Red Numb Skull
Member Number
Loc
BRADENTON FL
I was on a customers boat today that had a dead battery. It's been on my list of stuff to buy but I think Its time. It's mostly going to be used on boats. But I'd like one that has the power to start my idi if needed.
which ones the one to get?

My lithium jumpbox caught itself on fire the last time I used it.

I am done with the little lithium packs.

I bought one of the big blue heavy boxes that uses a normal battery, very happy with it.

I had a thread on here and it was the one recommended by a few people.

My lithium jumpbox caught itself on fire the last time I used it.

I am done with the little lithium packs.

I bought one of the big blue heavy boxes that uses a normal battery, very happy with it.

I had a thread on here and it was the one recommended by a few people.

Must have missed that one. Guess I should have searched first. I have a big one at work, it's huge and doesn't start our bigger diesels. One of the napa ones

I have seen a lot of good things on the capacative discharge jump boxes. no batteries and are suppsoed to be able to charge themselves off of a couple volts so a really dead battery.

We bought a 12/24 volt one from Truck N Tow probably 15 years ago. It was kinda pricey but has served us well. The blow molded case on it was kinda cheesy so I build my own case for it a couple years back as well as replacing the batteries... So it is kinda a homebrew thing now. There really isn't much to them, a couple of sealed lead acid batteries and a switch to either hook them up in series or parallel and some heavy jumper cable leads. This one has the charger built into it (which is honestly just a 12v wall wort inside the jump pack case with the prongs sticking out so you can plug a cord onto it)

If you need 12/24 volt options I'd look into this one. Hell even if you use it on 12v 99% of the time it will still be handy to have the option for 24v.

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-ES1224...pack&qid=1597936481&sr=8-5&tag=91812054244-20

1031181314.jpg

1031181315.jpg

1031181315a.jpg

Another vote for jnc have 2 of them one 5ish years old and other around 10. Don't have anything bad to say about them, they will save your bacon when you need them.

Top Back Refresh